[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Life in Aggro
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Life in Aggro Illustrated Laughing Squares

Life in Aggro

In Soviet Russia, comic draw you! Chat about LiA~

Re: Chromatic Shift

Postby Bear » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:23 pm

Comic 3 is finally up - let me know what you all think~
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Neraid » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:21 pm

I thought it was the funniest one so far. I especially liked the Second frame.

The colouring is a bit simpler though like you said, but it still looks good. I think Fei perfectly captured the essential qualities of Mario that would make anyone scream waking up next to him!

PS: Have you thought about using Google advertising?
Neraid
Stalker LV 97/66
Stalker  LV 97/66

Postby Bear » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:31 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback Neraid~ I DID look into Google's Ad Sense program, but when I set it up on a test page, it pulled up some medicine ads and car mechanic ads even though I specified it to only pull ads from gaming advertisers. They say that there are certain advertisers that don't fit into their own category filters, but what I saw come up I simply wasn't happy with.

Even though Fei and I need to somehow learn how to make a living doing this, I don't want to put up some junk on our site for the sake of getting a little bit of cash here and there. I would want any ads on the site to be focused on things I genuinely felt would peek the interest of the readers. For instance when I go to Penny Arcade, I will occasionally see an ad for a game that looks interesting from the art and so I will check it out. That is the kinda of advertising that I am comfortable with - non-intrusive and related to the things I think are interesting or worth attention. Obviously Penny Arcade has managed a way to do this, but I am not as savvy with all that just yet. Until then, I am just considering pulling the space holders or just leaving them as they are until I can figure out some good way to handle that.

The earning a living thing is tricky - I don't want to mass produce merchandise just for the sake of cash but we need to pay bills somehow... I will have to think of clever ways to do that since it is my area of expertise. Right now, we are only concerned in making our comics and hoping that they make people smile/chuckle.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Bear » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:11 pm

Comic 4 is UP! Enjoy~
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Rei » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:43 pm

Meh, took me a bit to get all the links and bookmarks. pirated win7 ultimate. D:
Also, colors? Sure i'll help out if i can.
Turquise, green, black.
/spin
Rei
Thief LV 52/40
Thief  LV 52/40

Postby Rei » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:46 pm

Haha. Comic is epic. Good job.
Love the Merry-Go-Round.
Rei
Thief LV 52/40
Thief  LV 52/40

Postby Autolux » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:48 pm

It's crazy how many celebrities are getting into video games now, it's like the new thing to do. Samuel L. Jackson actually did voice for Afro Samurai, Liam Neeson did the voice of your father in Fallout 3, and did you know the voice actor for Drew Pickles was the voice actor for Raziel in Soul Reaver?

Whipping things is most definitely awesome.
Thanks to Fei for the super awesome signature!

Can you please hold my hand, you see this wasn't planned, you know I'll understand just tell me how it is.
Someday soon you will see, that it was not just me, and nothing comes for free, at least not worth dying for.
Autolux
Guillotine Cross LV 146/114
Guillotine Cross  LV 146/114

Postby Bear » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:25 pm

Comic 5 go go! More love for Mario!
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Neraid » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:25 pm

I love Raisin Bran :D
(Although in New Zealand we have a slightly different brand - 'Sultana Bran')

You could also try adding some dried cranberries or apricots if you don't want just raisins.

PS: Do they really have that exact same dialogue (monologue?) in SMG 2? Also Iol at the skeleton in the last 'cell' ;)
Neraid
Stalker LV 97/66
Stalker  LV 97/66

Postby Bear » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:39 pm

The dialog when receiving a letter from Princess Peach is virtually the same. The only difference is that you don't get ASKED if you want the mushrooms in SMG2, they just FORCE FEED them to you. We pulled the dialog from SMG1 because it seemed more funny that way.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

PreviousNext

Return to Illustrated Laughing Squares