[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - TV Guide, The Thread
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

TV Guide, The Thread

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

TV Guide, The Thread

Postby Tehwilburforce » Sat May 18, 2013 12:13 pm

So, I thought I'd just start this for discussing TV shows, though if we want something separate for anime, I understand. Anyway, I haven't been watching much, but after scouring my Netflix queue today, I finally settled on Futurama, and boy am I enjoying it.

Never before have I seen such subtle humor being used to make commentary on such wacky subject matter. The future world they've built, although it might not represent where our world is really going, is still amazing and has its own quirks. The thought of having robots and aliens as accepted members of society is pretty cool and Fry's story is interesting so far. I can't wait to see how it goes since I've heard that this show is well-known for the feels.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Re: TV Guide, The Thread

Postby Farore » Sat May 18, 2013 1:25 pm

I LOVE Futurama! It is one of my favorite tv shows, and when they picked it back up on Comedy Central and started making new episodes I was more than excited. Once you finish watching the series they have four feature length movies, and I think they're all on Netflix as well.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Kerreth » Sat May 18, 2013 6:11 pm

Well... It goes more like...

Original Run (72 episodes up to "The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings")
Movies (In order, Bender's Big Score, Beast With A Billion Backs, Bender's Game, Into the Wild Green Yonder)
Comedy Central Run (Starting with "Rebirth")

Not sure how Netflix has them listed, but that's their original production order, so watch it like that. Also, it's been cancelled by Comedy Central, so it seems Futurama is finally at an end...
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Kerreth » Sat May 18, 2013 6:38 pm

I know I linked it in the other thread, but that one went down and it applies to this thread better, watch the of Kitchen Nightmares. (Hulu, sorry non-US'ers) It is just unreal.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby chrisb » Sat May 18, 2013 8:36 pm

I've really been into Hannibal this season. It's very creepy and classy, but can be a little too slow. I'm kind of annoyed NBC hasn't decided whether to renew it or not yet :/
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Adol The Red » Sun May 19, 2013 9:45 am

Futurama is awesome. I love's me some Burn Notice, and White Collar is pretty good.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Kerreth » Wed May 22, 2013 11:08 pm

Whenever it goes on Netflix (and it will, it seems to have all the popular CW shows), you all HAVE to watch Arrow. I just watched the season finale, and it was my absolute favorite show this year.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Tehwilburforce » Thu May 23, 2013 1:22 pm

I've heard very good things about that show Kerreth. Hopefully if DC gets around to making a Justice League movie, they'll include Arrow. It'd give DC an edge against Avengers, too. They'd be more able to make a television show spinoff from the movie soon after it comes out than Marvel could with Avengers. Then again, Marvel does have Joss Whedon, so the fact that DC already has a show about one of their characters could be completely irrelevant.

Anyway, I watched a ton of Powerpuff Girls last night, which was probably the most fun I'd had watching cartoons in a while. Caught some of my old favorites from my childhood, like the episode with the Boogeyman or the one with the Broccoli aliens. I saw those a lot growing up because I had them on VHS. The signature style of action and humor on the show was so gratifying to watch again. Craig McCracken just makes such awesome cartoons!

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby chrisb » Thu May 23, 2013 5:19 pm

This show right here

My body is ready.
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared