[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The Awesome Art Thread!!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

The Awesome Art Thread!!

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

The Awesome Art Thread!!

Postby Pie » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:14 am

The rule is that you have to post awesome art that is generally viewer friendly. =) I'm sure all of you have a ton of cool art that you've found over the years that you'd would like to share with others. XD I'll start off a few from my collection! Have fun!

Sorry for the huge images.
Try opening the image in a new tab if you're having trouble seeing them.

Should we post full images or links do you suppose? =o I kinda like the idea that people can scroll through the art, being able to pass things up if they don't find things interesting off the bat. =)
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Re: The Awesome Art Thread!!

Postby Farore » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:43 pm

Roll and I have both agreed that one of our favorite parts of going to conventions is seeing the artists and their displayed art. We love supporting artists and taking in the vast amounts of talent, work, and love they put into their art. In this aspect Anime Vegas was actually a little disappointing; Only one aisle of artists, and only about half of the artists had any pieces larger than a postcard. I do understand why many of them didn't have larger pieces though. With the huge vendor section most attendees spent their money there, so artists could make more selling smaller pieces rather than the occasional larger pieces. We did get the poster size art pieces though, and I'll have to tell Roll to post them here once he gets off work.

I do still have links for the pieces we got from AM2.

My absolute favorite piece of artwork we got (other than our comic prints of course!) is from my absolute favorite anime: Trigun!

The same artist also did a wonderful Blood Elf Paladin piece:

Another piece I got came from an artist with a whole collection of elemental themed characters, and narrowing it down to a single print was quite difficult, but I eventually chose fire, because I love red and hate cold. It worked out.

Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Tony May-San » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:06 pm

Just the one from me. It's probably my favourite piece of art based on a video game.

This tomato tastes like your mom..
Tony May-San
Thief LV 63/45
Thief  LV 63/45

Postby RollCasket » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:15 pm

I'll link those pics we got from Anime Vegas first then.

Terra from FF6

Celes from FF6

Midna from Twilight Princess

I'll just link it since it doesn't really count in this thread, but I know .
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby RollCasket » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:24 pm

Kinda hard to sift through all the pics in all the many folders...and especially annoying when there are certain specific ones that I'm looking for and can't find them x.x I can always do another post later or something though.

First because it's semi relevant, a "Good Rolling (morning)" Roll pic.

Kinda simplistic but I like it for the "east meets west" thing it's got goin for it

Long hair Haruhi

Not the Yoko pic I wanted to find, but also a good one

Mugen

Asuka, I just really like her expression

Black Rock Shooter, hard to choose one since there are a lot of interesting styles for her but here's a basic one with some nice coloring.

One for Wilbur just because, and also the last one for now to not flood this too much.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Tony May-San » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:08 pm

That picture of Terra is amazing! /lv
This tomato tastes like your mom..
Tony May-San
Thief LV 63/45
Thief  LV 63/45

Postby Tehwilburforce » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:28 pm

Yay!!! It's Vivi!!! Pretty much my favorite FF character out of all the games I've played in that series. I don't really remember any awesome art right now, but I'll post if I find something on Tumblr or something.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby chrisb » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:59 pm

chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Adol The Red » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:18 pm

Underestimate the chemist, will you?
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Adol The Red » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:29 pm

Been putting this off because choosing what to post from my thousands of collected images is difficult.

Meliadoul art is so hard to find

Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Next

Return to Other Shiny Things