[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The Favorite Anime Thread
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

The Favorite Anime Thread

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Re: The Favorite Anime Thread

Postby Pie » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:44 pm

@Soeroah- Fate/Zero isn't an adaption of a game, right? Isn't it based on the events preceding Fate/Stay Night?

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Watched all of , Twelve episodes of awesomeness! XD I don't think I've seen an anime that's made me laugh out loud so much. It's well-executed, light-hearted, and touching. =) It's also a nice plus that Bear and I feel like we can relate to it on a level since a large part of it is about comic making. =) -I think you should still be able to enjoy it immensely, even if you're not into the manga creation process though.~

-also makes me want to make a story comic for fun. XD
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Librari » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:22 am

I'm finally getting around to watching Non Non Biyori. Nyanpassu~
I'm a wizard! :]
Librari
Wizard LV 80/48
Wizard  LV 80/48

Postby Soeroah » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:30 pm

Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby Adol The Red » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:18 pm

Alexx found some clips of Nichijou online, and so naturally after seeing them I ordered it. All I can say is... there will never be enough Nichijou. I saw it described as Azumanga Daioh on lots and lots of acid, and that pretty much works. Just great. One part cute, one part insanity, with some ridiculously well drawn segments thrown in, and everyday normal things exaggerated to extremes.

Now if there were only more. I'm picky with anime these days, and I can't just keep rewatching Gun vs Sword, Pani Poni Dash, Gurren Laggan, Slayers, Stand Alone Complex, and the Black Rock Shooter series.

Now I'll be rewatching Nichijou as well.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby ThePaul » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:02 pm

Yo, Anime Fans, Durarara!! is back. Get hyped. /no1
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby InSanor » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:52 am

Alright, I have some time to seem even more active in the forums. (I say this so I look like a busy person.)
I have seen almost uncountable ammount of anime from various genres along the years. Like.. many of them.
Some have been good, some "meh" and others just plain horrible. With having so many series seen, it has become very hard to form my absolute favourites and I don't really have number 1 anime. But I have been able to form a top list of all time favourites (of sorts). They are not in order and probably bever will be in order but they have been able to stand in there for a long time:
Black Lagoon, Toradora, Full Metal Panic, Hellsing, Darker than Black, Canaan, Claymore, Ghost in the Shell, Macross (Frontier) and Lucky Star.

Ofcourse there are plenty of other good ones, but these are the ones that first (and susally always) pop up in my mind when thinking what would be my favourite anime.
Life is like a game. Now to find a good macro I can use..
InSanor
Swordman LV 25/18
Swordman  LV 25/18

Postby Adol The Red » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:20 pm

Mouretsu Pirates. Or the english name, ugh... Bodacious Space Pirates. I don't know if that's a direct translation or just stupid. What I am saying is that the show was awesome, but not in the way I expected. Honestly, I really didn't know what I was getting into, but it was a lot deeper and technical than advertised. Most of the conflicts are solved by good decision making more than anything else. Not for everyone, but definately for me.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby ThePaul » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:31 am

"Most of the conflicts are solved by good decision making"

In an anime? Madness. Pure and utter madness. Conflicts are supposed to start through bad decision making. Everyone knows that. /meh2
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby The Lich Tree » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:49 am

Favourite anime? I GOT THIS, I think..

1.) Hunter x Hunter (it's a beautiful unfinished adventure with a rollercoaster of emotions)

2.) One Punch Man (the humor behind this show makes it for me and the conflicts are always interesting)

3.) Gurren Lagann (I Don't like mech animes, but this isn't really about robots, THIS IS A MANLY FEELS ANIME)

Anything after the top 3 I can't really put in a place, so I'm just gonna name a few I enjoy.

Tokyo Ghoul, Parasyte, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, Overlord, Log Horizon.. The list would go on for awhile lmao
There would be a pretty good signature here if I was witty enough! Probably.
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Postby Pie » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:18 pm

I was always curious about Hunter x Hunter. It has such a huge fan following and it's always super highly recommended, but for what ever reason, it doesn't seem to be very popular in America. Maybe because it simply isn't as public as One Piece and Naruto? Or maybe because of the creator's reputation to take many prolonged breaks? I noticed that Hunter x Hunter is on Netflix and can't help wondering if that starts from the very beginning even though Netflix's description notes it as being "season 1." It kinda miffs me that it notes Detective Boy Conan as being "season 1" when it's not the first season of the series so people who jump right in miss a huge chunk of underlying story,how things came to be, and who the character are and their what their relationships are with one another. It's not just a show about a kid who solves cases like the kids' book series Encyclopedia Brown. >_>
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shiny Things