[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The Favorite Anime Thread
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

The Favorite Anime Thread

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Re: The Favorite Anime Thread

Postby ThePaul » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:57 am

Yo, new stuff.

Redline. That's a good movie, man.

Also, Tonari no Seki-kun. I don't normally what shows that are only 8 minutes long, but this show is freaking hilarious. You should watch it. Now. /no1
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby ThePaul » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:25 pm

Bear, watcha doing in my anime?
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Librari » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:48 am

I just started watching Kill la Kill. This series is weird. /swt2
I'm a wizard! :]
Librari
Wizard LV 80/48
Wizard  LV 80/48

Postby Tehwilburforce » Tue May 13, 2014 7:25 pm

As you can probably tell by my new avatar, I'm re-watching Sailor Moon. Before you say it, it is the original Japanese with subs that I'm watching and not the pooptastic 4Kids dub. I was warned by some friends before going to watch it.

I have seen some clips from the English dub recently and they were hilariously bad. Heck, my signature is a reference to the terrible 4Kids dub just because I love that one moment out of context. :lol:

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Maple » Tue May 13, 2014 8:56 pm

No Game No Life. That is all.
Maple
Thief LV 25/18
Thief  LV 25/18

Postby Kerreth » Tue May 13, 2014 9:51 pm

Excuse you, that's dubbing mastery at its finest. I mean, look at his roots. :lol:
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby ThePaul » Wed May 14, 2014 4:24 am

I need to watch more anime. Or at least finish some of the stuff I'd been watching. 'Specially now that I have Crunchyroll on my Vita and it looks pretty sweet on there, even if it is kinda' tiny.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Librari » Thu May 15, 2014 2:05 am

I just watched Kill la Kill. Oh man, that series is nutty, but like in an awesome way.

Getting ahold of Big O again through totally legit channels so I can try to finally figure or what the heck happened at the end of the series.
I'm a wizard! :]
Librari
Wizard LV 80/48
Wizard  LV 80/48

Postby Pie » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:34 pm

Watched a few very awesome things over the past month or two! =D

Legend of Korra book 3
Book 2 seemed to kind of have a bit of a slow start, but when the ball gets rolling, it's an avalanche of awesome! XD Book 3 doesn't fail expectations. =D I didn't really care so much for the pro-bending stuff that seemed to be so prominent in the first book; I was really yearning for the creative martial arts-like bending that was used in Avatar, so I'm really happy to see bending moving back into that direction. Book four just started a couple of weeks ago and it's already gotten me very excited to see more! If you've been away from Korra for a while like Bear and me, go back and catch up! XD -unless you can't stand the frustration of not being able to watch the next episode immediately afterwards. @_@

Sword Art Online 2
Very well done! -a great addition to the first two seasons and lives up to the name. The first few episode might feel a bit slow for some since it introduces a new character and I think is a little more focused on fleshing them out and establishing the situation. As I mentioned long ago in a comic post, as much as I enjoyed the original two seasons, it kinda bugged me in the back of my mind when the characters acted very cliche'd... anime-like, but it didn't really happen so much in this one. -also, Kirito's shining moments in the original seasons usually consisted of him swinging his sword wildly while yelling, but in SAO2, his trump cards are presented more to be his fighting skill mastery and ability. -anyhow, it's a short and sweet anime. =)

According to Wikipedia, there's a fourth book to Sword Art Online, I wonder if they'll end up making that an anime too.~

Fat Stay Night
Fate/Zero

Finally watched the original Fate Stay Night, which though was pretty slow in the beginning and felt kinda like a dark 90's harem anime, was still pretty good. It was intriguing enough for me to want to watch the next episodes to see what was to happen next. I know the franchise has a huge fan following, but I never got around to it. Bear and I watched it in preparation to watching Fate/Zero which is a prequel to Fate Stay Night. I'm really glad we did because though I was told that Fate/Zero can stand on its own as a series, the connections are very cool to see.

Bear and I were blown away by Fate/Zero, its characters, how it's written, the visuals/presentation; it's all top notch! -an AMAZING series!! XD It's really dark at times too, surprisingly dark; like as in having things I wouldn't expect to be on public television. >.> But as dark as it is, it's not "twisted-morality" dark which bugged me about the first Full Metal Alchemist series. Though the series is dark and there's a lot of death, It's not about death; it's all about the characters; they're done so well with their different stances, beliefs, and philosophies of life.

There's a new Fate series that just started airing recently which I guess is supposed to be a remake of Fate Stay Night. Bear and I are going to start watching that soon. I'm really looking forward to it! =D
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Soeroah » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:22 am

FYI it's not a remake of Fate/Stay Night, it's an adaptation of one of the other three routes present in the original game. Between the F/SN anime, the Fate/Zero anime, the new F/SN anime and the upcoming OVA, all the game's routes will be covered, and then some.
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shiny Things