[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The Favorite Anime Thread
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

The Favorite Anime Thread

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Re: The Favorite Anime Thread

Postby Soeroah » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:49 pm

Finish iiiiiiiiiit
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby ThePaul » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:53 am

*Rips out Higurashi's spine and holds it above head*

Wait..... crap! /swt2

*runs away*
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Librari » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:35 pm

I've been meaning to watch Madoka. Video games keep distracting me, though. I've heard really good things about Sakura Trick lately. Lots of fanart has appeared since the amine aired. Fanart is usually how I learn about new stuff. :3
I'm a wizard! :]
Librari
Wizard LV 80/48
Wizard  LV 80/48

Postby The Lich Tree » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:48 am

hmm lets see anime, i watch a bit of that. but favorites of all time well, i say for better lack to save me time to write out which one is like that best ill go out and throw some ones i really enjoy instead and not in order of which one i like the best and maybe a brief description of why i even remotely like it.

so lets begin.

Fooly Cooly, theres quite a bit of reason i like and very well love it, the humor, the robots and well the perverted humor of course! or maybe perversion just fits into the humor.

Afro samurai, i think this show speaks for itself a bit, it's awesome i think.

bobobo, this one i've found alot of people hate for it's mind numbingly stupidity, but because of it's stupidity i laugh pretty hard and thats why i enjoy it so much.

M.A.R. aka marchen awakens romance, this show is awesome i remember watching it on toonami like every chance i could and if i could pick a favorite anime this would defiantly be it, i love the world and i love the characters and i wish the rest would've come out in english past volume 4 because im pretty sure volume 5 is when they introduce my favorite character (ASH!) and i hate the japenese opening and ending songs.

darkstalkers night warriors revenege, an awesome anime based on an awesome fighting game series.

the entire dragon ball series, whats not to love about goku and friends?

digimon, im pretty sure it classifies as an anime to an extent, and this growing up watching this was amazing and had those super feels moments most of the time followed by hell yea fuck that bad guy up!

trigun, need i say more if you have ever even seen vash the stampede?

full metal alchemist, was always cool as fuck when i watched it.

right now I'm really enjoying the humor of Space Dandy.

big O, i never really understood it when i was younger aside form the main character being a detective and piloting a badass robot but i thought it was a cool show.

speaking of detectives, case closed was really good from what i remember watching.

lupin the 3rd.

i don't remember much of it other than it being cool but Android Kikaider.

um inyuasha was really good from what i remember.

i think anyone reading this can tell i spent alot of time watching toonami and adultswim growing up.

i think that sums up most of it. but theres alot i may have forgotten about cause things can slip my mind.
There would be a pretty good signature here if I was witty enough! Probably.
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Postby Librari » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:54 am

You pretty much just named most of the Toonami/Adult Swim lineup. I can't help but notice a distinct lack of Rurouni Kenshin. That's the show that got me into anime and manga in the first place! /no1
Librari
Wizard LV 80/48
Wizard  LV 80/48

Postby The Lich Tree » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:13 am

yea never watched that one only heard really good things about it, i forgot to mention sword art online which makes me feel dumb as shit cause i really really fucking love it but im a bit scatterbrained at times so its hard to remember everything.
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Postby Librari » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:45 pm

Also no mention of Witch Hunter Robin... Where's the live for the cute anime witches? /sob
Librari
Wizard LV 80/48
Wizard  LV 80/48

Postby The Lich Tree » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:52 am

well you have caught me again friend, another anime in which i have no idea about.
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Postby Pie » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:53 pm

Hahaha, don't feel bad about not knowing much of a lot of the current anime. XD I think Bear and I are kinda in the same situation. /swt I recognize a lot of the anime on your list, not because of toonami, but because a lot of them were big hits in the late 90's/early 2000's, my big anime crazed years. @_@ I really love a number of anime on your list! XD

Bear and I've been trying to find good recent anime to watch over the past year or so and have come across some good ones too, but sometimes it can be kinda hard to find anime that you can synch up with since due to the internet allowing a lot more anime to be known about overseas.

Some of the ones we like from over the past year (in no particular order) include:

Samurai Flamenco
Sword Art Online
Hajime no Ippo: Rising (we've been into this series for years. =3 You should really see the older seasons too! >.<)
Kill la Kill
Attack on Titan
SNAFU
We've also been watching Space Dandy which... is really weird and I think really needs some getting used to before you can get into it (IF you can get into it.) The creator is the same guy behind Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, it has high budget animation too. If you decide to watch this, remember to not take anything that happens in the anime seriously.

umm...

as for older anime that I highly recommend:

Hajime no Ippo
One Piece
Golden Boy
Kino's Journey
Escaflowne
Gurren Lagann

There's probably a lot more I can list, but I should really get going. =)
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Soeroah » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:15 pm

Steins;Gate and Higurashi, you all forgot Steins;Gate and Higurashi
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shiny Things