[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The Legend of Korra
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

The Legend of Korra

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

The Legend of Korra

Postby Kerreth » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:19 am

So, is anyone else as psyched about this as I am?

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, The Legend of Korra is going to be the followup to the immensely awesome Avatar: The Last Airbender series, taking place about 70 years after the finale and starring the next Avatar, a waterbender named Korra, as she faces down an anti-bending revolution.

And why am I bringing this up now? Because they FINALLY of April 14, 2012! ...With a chance to premiere even earlier on March 29th if . (hint hint)

Why am I so excited? Well, The Last Airbender is one of the greatest TV series ever. Period. My favorite part about it is that the series really "grows up" as it goes along. All of the main characters go through massive character development through all three seasons, up until the climactic finale. I'm starting to rewatch all ~60 episodes on Netflix Instant.

In short:
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Re: The Legend of Korra

Postby Kerreth » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:34 am

Also, .
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Tehwilburforce » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:40 pm

I is excited. Last Airbender was amazing!!! I can't wait to see how awesome Aang's kids are. I like how they made Korra sort a more gruff, angry version of Aang. It's obvious why she hasn't mastered airbending yet. She hasn't found a way to put aside worries like Aang could and just be carefree and goofy. She's basically the opposite of Aang.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Alexx » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:36 pm

OMG I didn't know there was a premiere date! OMG I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS NEXT MONTH! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

*cough* Okay I totally agree with foaming-at-the-mouth-guy. I'm friggin' PSYCHED for this. Geeked, even. I've been trying to ignore it so I wasn't so savagely looking forward to it, so I'm glad I ignored it JUST long enough to find out it's coming in a month! EEEEEE! I'ma set the DVR to record it as soon as it goes up. Then I'ma buy the DVD. I cannot wait for this S.O.B.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Kerreth » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:12 pm

News: They got their 100,000 likes, so the first two episodes are premiering online this Saturday, March 24. The normal air date for the first episode is still April 14, so it's gonna be like a month before we see episode 3. >.<

But still, foamy.gif x1000.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby ThePaul » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:55 am

Two episodes premiering weeks before actual air date? That gives me flashbacks to Dexter and how it took me three years to start watching it after I watched those two episodes.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Alexx » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:27 pm

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Kerreth » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:38 am

http://www.korranation.com/ - They're online now, and OMG SOOOOOOO GOOD.

I'm really loving the new environment, and I'm looking forward to seeing an ancient art survive in a slightly more modern setting. Plus, the musical direction seems to be awesome, and I already love the new characters.

Also, yes, it's an on-demand stream, not a livestream. Live broadcasts on the internet? How silly.

(...Yes I know they exist and they have their purposes.)
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Bear » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:58 am

Daaaaaamnit. I want to watch this but I feel like I need to see the original first. I remember you talking about it in the G2 forums Kerreth and my interest still hasn't waned. Maybe I should just watch Korra online and catch up with the OG series later, but I have such a big hangup with watching things out of order.
/sigh
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Kerreth » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:03 am

FIRE UP A NETFLIX SUBSCRIPTION AND WATCH THE ORIGINAL.

RIGHT NOW.

NOOOOOOW.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Next

Return to Other Shiny Things