[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Anime Music Videos
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

Anime Music Videos

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Anime Music Videos

Postby Bear » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:51 pm

Seeing the Anime Opening Thread made me want to start an AMV thread.

I'm a huge fan of really well done AMVs. When I started going to Anime Expo, the AMV contest was the only 100% MUST GO TO event at the con. For a long, LONG time, I wanted to make my own music videos because I was always really fascinated in video capturing and editing. I even bought this great rig to do it on and at one point had two awesome 19" CRT monitors on my desk, side-by-side, with a video capture break-out-box, legit copy of Premier, DVD player and VCR player right on my computer desk to grab stuff.

Sadly, like a lot of things when I was working in tech, it fell by the wayside since I was always WAY too busy with work and school to have time for it. Having enough money to buy equipment and not have the time to play with it is a such a double-edged sword.

Anyways, hit me with your best AMVs. I want to see some great stuff here. I've been out of the scene for a while, but here are some of the most memorable ones from the top of my head to kick of the topic:

- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
- Gurren Lagann (locally hosted, can't find it on YT - 67MB dl)
- Mushi-shi
- RahXephon
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Blood the Last Vampire movie, Hellsing, and Vampire Hunter D
- Kodomo no Omocha
- Magnetic Rose, from the film Memories
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: Anime Music Videos

Postby RollCasket » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:52 pm

Ah, I've seen some of those, Euphoria I dled and got into a while back even though I've never seen the series lol. Speaking of can of worms though...this is like my can of worms =P Thankfully for everyone here I don't have a working computer ATM and severely limits my linkage and remembering what I have saved on the comp.

There are a few that come right to mind though, one of my favorites for my made up category of "this song seems made for the video" this Cardcaptor Sakura Silent Lucidy I'd recommend even if you don't like the series. I had to do some searching cause it's apparently not on YouTube...

http://www.eons.com/groups/topic/258719 ... t-Lucidity

Then on the parody side, we got Gurren 300 and then the Narutrix. Though if you only watch one of these two, go Gurren or go home =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3GSMPAZ ... ata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26vQ3FlV ... ata_player

There will be more quality ones later.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Tehwilburforce » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:30 pm

I don't really watch AMV's much, but the one for Cardcaptor Sakura was beautiful. I think I might wanna watch that show next after I'm done with GitS. :')

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Bear » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:15 am

There was an awesome AMV that sold me on Naruto as a series when I saw it, but it has been a looooong time since then, and I was never able to remember which video it was. It came to mind tonight and I found this, which is a pretty awesome video in it's own right, and might even be the one I saw.

Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:56 am

Did you see the CCS one Bear? That naruto one reminds me, it was the same gaara vs rock lee fight, but the song was Duel of Fates, the Star Wars song, and it was an awesome video...only I can't find it. Even found one with that song but it wasn't the same video sadly. Hate when that happens...
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:45 am

Nope, I've not had a chance to see that; and...yeah. I hate that!
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:16 am

Geez...couldn't find the Haruhi video or the Evangelion one I wanted to find that's kinda similar to the RaHxephon one. I really like this one though, Angelic Gear Perfect, Angelic Layer + Metal Gear music and no spoilers even.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czVdH01C ... ata_player
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby RollCasket » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:01 am

AHHHHH! Somehow I forgot about one of my fav amv makers, vicbond007. He has a lot of cool stuff. I would've remembered sooner if I had my laptop working to check ones I have saved =P anyway, I freaking LOVE this one, Noir - Die Another Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TroBVXOJ ... ata_player

And then Cowboy Bebop 007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieBkVW2f ... ata_player
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby RollCasket » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:18 pm

Even though Bear was TOTALLY like "omg post amvs cause I want to see them!" and is totally not seeing them, I hope someone is enjoying them and I hope I can continue to give Bear a hard time cause damnit someone has to lol.

Anyway, FLCL -Speed King. This one is a lot of fun with cheesy transitions and all the craziness that is FLCL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tHAtz0g ... ata_player
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Tehwilburforce » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:20 pm

Roll. I haven't seen many AMV's and I've seen even fewer good one's, but the FLCL with Speed King was awesome!!! The way they played with the various subtle movements like the agent guy's (I forget his name) eyebrows and Haruko dancing is genius!!! I lol'ed because I thought it was such a cool way to emphasize the playing style during the guitar/keyboard call and response. Do you know of any other AMV creators who do stuff like that to kind of call attention to the music a bit by playing with and/or syncing the animations to the song? I would like to see more of that.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Next

Return to Other Shiny Things