[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Anime Openings Thread
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

Anime Openings Thread

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Anime Openings Thread

Postby RollCasket » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:14 am

Basically just a thread to post some of your favorite openings and maybe get someone interested in something they may not have seen.

Kicking it off with one of the most random animes I've seen (a different kind of random than flcl) Sayonara Zetsubou Sensai is one of my favorite comedy type shows. It's heavily dipped in Japanese culture/puns/references though, some of which was over my head, but I still enjoyed the whole series and was sad when it was finally done.

This opening is from the...3rd or 4th season? Or was there even that many...I forget >.> Anyway, this is my fav one to show cause it's a good showing of randomness and catchy music, course I like all the Zetsubou openings though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kXoe17X ... ata_player

This is related too as it's sort of an opening, but it was just a random episode where everyone was chibi-ized.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoLQFpFl ... ata_player

I'm in despair!!!
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: Anime Openings Thread

Postby Mistaque » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:23 pm

RANMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Even though that one's only for one OVA..

Dr. Slump!

Even though I've only managed to find a few episodes of it..

..And Card Captor Sakura, which I recently finished watching. (Why does everything have to end ;_;)

Anyway, now I have to go watch 'Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei' too. /fsh
Mistaque
Mage LV 63/45
Mage  LV 63/45

Postby Kerreth » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:28 pm

. /meh2

Birds? Check.
Rising pan to sky? Check.
Zoom in to eye? Check.

In seriousness, has a swanky new intro, and a friend got me into watching , whose opening kinda preps you for its brand of humor.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Kerreth » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:46 pm

I also once prided myself on memorizing the , which I only just remembered reading Mistaque's.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Tehwilburforce » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:23 pm

These first two I like for the colors and music.
(I CAN'T HELP IT! IT'S TOO AWESOME!!! Yoko Kanno and the Seatbelts= /lv )

He

(Love the music and the transitions between characters are really well thought out.)

(Watch this other video and you will understand )
Go watch this guy more on Thatguywiththeglasses.com. He's a great anime commentator. Yes, I realize I stole a lot of the entries in his list, but I went and watched all these anime after I heard about them from his show originally (except for Baccano! I found that on my own.), so I also saw some great openings as a result.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Kerreth » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:40 pm

Speaking of and /ducks
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Tehwilburforce » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Kerreth. Thank you for posting that. I lol'ed. Bronies for lief!!!

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby RollCasket » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:23 pm

Wow...watching that Baccano op made me immediately think of Durara and the TMFC syndrome. What is the TMFC syndrome you might ask? Why it's the Too Many Fucking Characters syndrome of course. Check it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYZPoZ5b ... ata_player

Cowboy Bebop, Cardcaptor Sakura (Japanese op anyway) and Trigun are pretty classic. I also watched Lucky Star when it came out and that's a catchy op too. They're technically the end songs, but I think the endings for K-on are way better than the ops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx7vwGBH ... ata_player

Sorry, can't do the fancy word links through my phone =X
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby RollCasket » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:35 pm

Forgot to mention, Nichijou was totally awesome. My fav parts from there were the epic aircraft segments. That "every anime op ever" is good too, bonus points for Ayumi Hamasaki. I like in the running part it has Angelic Layer with running AND birds, combo! I have to say that Zetsubou ops are pretty much as out there as you can get, like this one...which was 2nd op I think. It does have some close up eyes, but watching it you'd have no idea what the show was about lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAEhEYrH ... ata_player

That Dr Slump was pretty crazy too, and very...in your face lol.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Pie » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:11 pm

lot of cool shiny things on this thread! I'll contribute with some of my favorites as well!! =D

This is probably my favorite of all. T-T Not only is the choreography and music amazing, to the song touch my heart too! ;_;

Not an anime, but definitely a fav. XD

=D Japanese Gamecube version- Probably my favorite Tales intro out of the whole series! =)

lol Awesome series, interesting opening. XD

Think that's it for now. I might post if I remember any more. ^^
Last edited by Pie on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Next

Return to Other Shiny Things