[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Anime Openings Thread
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Other Shiny Things

Anime Openings Thread

Not games but still cool art & entertainment stuff we find interesting!

Re: Anime Openings Thread

Postby Tehwilburforce » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:32 pm

Some of the first Code Geass openings didn't really do it for me because of the music, but I really liked O2 when they brought it along.

Kaidoku Funuo is great too.

Edit: Also, I agree Soeroah! Code Geass was most excellent and, while I didn't like all the opening songs, the way they change with the plot is great. When I watched it, I thought it was just going to be some lame kind of ending, but my mind was blown.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby RollCasket » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:03 am

DK rap ftw! That and the King K Rool end boss theme in DK Country are awesome.

You know someone who knows Aya Hirano? She does Haruhi's voice but I didn't think she did the opening song too. She's been going through a lot because of a certain scandal with her band...as in, she was doing them =P I really loved the Live Alive episode though, that was good stuff.

Getting back on track, here's one of my favorite of the many Slayers ops. I know for sure Megumi Hayashibara did the voice of Lina and all of the many ops and ends. I know that at some point it became much less common to have the same va do the songs AND a character as well. Anyway, this is from Slayers Next, 2nd series op.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukorWvyk ... ata_player
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:44 am

Hajime no Ippo is seriously one of the best series out there. It will make you want to box even if you have no interest in it. It's just an awesome human spirit anime and some of it gets . I hope you can find it somehow.

The best thing about the anime is that there is no filler, its all meat; it reels you in quickly and remains engaging throughout. Reading through the manga is recommended for completionists though as some smaller elements get cut from the anime.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Kerreth » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:03 am

Persona 3, or this crazy well done intro? (Or !?)
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Pie » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:26 pm

Heehee, I recently remembered this one and decided to share it since I love it so much! =) I suppose I'm a pretty big Astrobay fan now too because of the 2003 TV series.

Hope you guys enjoy it! =D
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Mistaque » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:29 am

I just had to share these, so hi.

now back to lurking for another 3 years also go join steam group chat someday
Mistaque
Mage LV 63/45
Mage  LV 63/45

Previous