[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Elder Scrolls Online
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Elder Scrolls Online

Everything related to games~

Elder Scrolls Online

Postby Alanzi » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:32 pm

Is anyone playing ESO? I heard a lot of bad things about it when it came out, but all of a sudden I'm hearing good things about it and a bunch of my internet friends are jumping into it. I loved Morrowind and Skyrim (beating both of their stories, platinuming the latter) so I've always kind of wanted an Elder Scrolls game with all the games combined, and if it's online then so much the better. But of course being an MMO changes things quite a bit, so it's hard to say if it would be fun...
Alanzi
Priest LV 76/45
Priest  LV 76/45

Re: Elder Scrolls Online

Postby Natalie88 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:47 am

I am not currently playing it because I don't have a powerful enough computer (yet), but I did try it out when Tamriel Unlimited came out (that's the F2P side of the game).

It does look sweet, I mean, I only tested Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim, but I love it how they grouped races for instance (High Elves, Wood Elves and Kahjiit are on one Alliance, for instance), and also the fact that they voice acted each and every dialog! which is awesome for an MMO.

's the latest trailer, I got excited when I saw it, and can't wait for my new computer to be able to play it. :)
Natalie88
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Alanzi » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:28 pm

Oh neat, that trailer was pretty awesome. I haven't seen anything about the game otherwise, haha.

Does the grouped races thing mean you can't play whoever you want and go wherever you want? Or does it just mean you're locked down to certain storylines depending on your race...?
Alanzi
Priest LV 76/45
Priest  LV 76/45

Postby The Lich Tree » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:14 pm

Eso is what I've been up to lately. Now i'm not a huge fan of mmos (far too grindy with nothing of interest worth working towards), and eso strikes many gripes with me. but despite those gripes i think its one of the best mmos out there. If anything fully expect a grindy RNG fest mmo but married with elder scrolls narrative and story telling, combine it with fully voiced npcs and you're bound to enjoy it if you love that kind of thing. the only reason i play it is for housing but its one of the most expensive things to get into sadly and gold is hard to earn at low levels. so most of the time i'm goofing off with or without my guildmates and doing dolmens (anchors), and hunting down skyshards and lorebooks.
There would be a pretty good signature here if I was witty enough! Probably.
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Postby The Lich Tree » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:19 pm

The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Postby The Lich Tree » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:21 pm

also this guy has pretty good tips and you can see what the game is about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IMTvUrN3Z8
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Postby Alanzi » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:31 pm

Thanks Kain! That was useful. The video was great too -- "You now have the rights to brag to all your imaginary friends in real life about your real friends in an imaginary life." Hah!
Alanzi
Priest LV 76/45
Priest  LV 76/45

Postby The Lich Tree » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:00 pm

yeah man, that was the best line in the video for sure!
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Return to Gamer's Paradise