[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Dark Souls 2
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Dark Souls 2

Everything related to games~

Dark Souls 2

Postby The Lich Tree » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:07 am

I been gone awhile but i'm back. anyways who is ready for dark souls 2? I AM! how about you? hmm? nah i have a deep love for fromsoftware and the souls games. and im just excited beyond all measure ^_^ :mrgreen:
There would be a pretty good signature here if I was witty enough! Probably.
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Re: Dark Souls 2

Postby ThePaul » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:00 am

I'm hella' hyped. Haven't gotten my copy yet, but soon. Can't wait to getting back to chucking soul arrows at scary monsters that would snap me in half if they so much as touched me.

Kinda' still spooked about having to potentially PvP this time around. Never spent much time in human form in either Souls game and even less of that human time was spent online.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby The Lich Tree » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:18 am

eh i have been at disappointment paul, but you might not be, im just upset with the game really badly overall. but maybe a future patch will fix this problem and make it perfect, or a dlc, right now im just depressed greatly. i have my reasons for it and i am having troubles getting into it, its not that its hard cause i've already beaten it, it's just alot of things. :/
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Postby Pie » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:35 pm

oh, that's a surprise to hear Kainrogers, especially after hearing how amped you were about it when the game was coming out; or are your feelings more related to life happenings unrelated to DS2. Bear and I were really getting into Dark Souls about a month ago so we were pretty excited about the release of DS2, especially with the energy that seems to be around the gaming community and friends about its release.

We haven't gotten the game, nor have we even passed the first one yet and we haven't had of a chance to talk to any friends who've played much of DS2. I'm really curious about what upset you so much about the game? =o Is there too much to describe?
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby The Lich Tree » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:25 am

well i had a long reply pie but it seems when i clicked submit i needed to log in again and this deleted everything i typed :/
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Postby The Lich Tree » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:26 am

AH HA, Quick thinking and the power of the back button!

Theres a lot of things that have upset me this time around. i hope all fo them get fixed in a patch, but where to begin.

1.) there feels like there is a heavy imbalance in bosses this time around. in fact the hardest bosses this time around can actually be skipped. this is frustrating to say the least, even the final boss is underwhelming. sure this can be compensated for by using a bonfire aesthetic which permanently moves the area closest to the bonfire used at into new game plus.. which in return makes enemies harder, adds new loot, and black phantoms but why should this have to be done... it seems like the game has been more stream lined to suit new players, one can debate this with me by simply saying well you have experience with dark souls but i easily dismiss that remark by stating i have played demons souls and dark souls was a vastly superior challenge when i played it and still is. but i think from what im about to say in the second reason is grounds enough all the bosses need to be fixed.

2.) derpy AI , we were promised that in this sequel ai would be sharper and react to certain actions you take, like a boss rushing you down when you heal. while this still seems present i find at times enemies walking off ledges, summoned npcs walking off ledges. bosses that don't react to you when your using a cheap strategy like using a wall for cover, i mean this boss im describing can move to where you are but falls for what your doing so easily. then there are even times certain enemies or bosses won't react to the white phantoms attacking them because their ai is heat locked on you. making it easy to bait everything while a friend goes for the kill. i hope this gets fixed because this has made the game less of a challenge for sure.

3.) pvp is imbalanced as fuck and the lack of latency promised has been thrown out the window. now this could all be easily fixed and probably will but i find this to be very disappointing they had 3 network stress tests to solve this issue giving us hope that it was gonna be more polished, well its not. right now sorcery is the most op thing in the game next to pyromancy. if your going up against someone with one of those prepare to hope you roll dodge a homing soul mass or flame swathe. spells of all forms are imbalanced right now and you'd figure they'd learn from the dark souls mistake they made but nope. its also really hard cause of what i believe to be latency to dodge all of homing soul mass or flame swathe... not to mention i've actually had a time in which i fought someone that was now here near me and was swinging at what seemed nothing and killed me. so much problems with pvp right now. i could go on but this can and will be fixed probably.

i think these are the major issues i have with the game, the game looks beautiful, some areas are too dull but not too many. some are absolutely fantastically jaw droppingly gorgeous. but those 3 issues root into the core of the game and break the experience for me. its hard to get over this. i wanted a new challenge that felt rewarding and while it did at first the farther i got into the game and more times i played the earlier bosses i realized that there was no rewarding feel like i got from previous souls games. and the closer i got to the end the more i just wanted to go on and finish the game and be done with it and onto new game plus to see if it would be better. but i shouldn't have that feeling. i actually didn't go into new game plus because i got stuck at 3 optional bosses i wanted to beat before going forward and one just feels impossible even with friends but its really possible and i can never get the fight right because if you get hit by the boss at all you die and it has one nasty aoe breathe attack i can never seem to get away from in time. the other two are bosses you have to solo. so depressed with the game and how many times the one shot boss killed me, i just said nope and turned off the game. tried to pick it up again and give it another shot and even go through with a different character in hopes i'd have a better shot but i didn't get very far before i got bored. im not gonna say anyone else is gonna have a bad time, there are people loving it right now, but i don't enjoy it. :/ and this is extremely frustrating since i waited for a long time for this. but well i'll hold onto hope for a patch and maybe a really sexy dlc too.
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Postby Pie » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:01 pm

Thanks for putting the time in to write your thoughts about DS2 Kainrogers. =) I'm sorry to hear that the game fell very short of your expectations. It makes me curious if there are many hardcore fans of the older games that feel the same way. I remember hearing that there was some concern/worry that DS2 might lose some of what made the franchise special before the game's release.
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby The Lich Tree » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:47 am

well plenty of people dd, but alot of it got dismissed with early hands on gameplay. just the game didn't live up to my expectations, but maybe im being too ruff on it, i mean new game + this time around adds new enemies and new loot only accessed in ng+ and the falconer enemy type i saw when a friend was playing at my house seemed cool , basically its this knight in red cloth armor holding a falcon that he sends out at you while hes wailing on you with a sword. but id still like my current concerns to be addressed in a future patch though. especially that AI .
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Postby ThePaul » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:54 pm

Welp, I'm enjoying it so far. Beaten the first boss that drops a Boss soul that I could find and done a little past that.

So far the AI doesn't feel any derpier than it did in Dark Souls I. Still, they did promise better AI, not the same.

Most at my ease at playing the game I blame soully on having Plat'd Darks Souls and about half of Demons Souls. Some stuff is more forgiving, but I feel like the bad state they start you off at makes up for most of it. Though I'm not the kinda' guy that would be finished with the game in less than a week. /swt2

As far as PvP, no one has invaded me yet, and that's the way I like it /no1

What I've seen so far makes me really happy. The sense of exploration and constant crippling fear that made me fall in love with the Dark Souls is still there (actually, is improved, as I started feeling these emotions much sooner).

What I'm not a fan of are the weird sounds the game makes all the time. How the hell is that a walking sound fx? Also, why's the first whip you can get in the game gotta' be a scrub lord noob weapon? I wanna' be Indie!
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby ThePaul » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:03 pm

Oh, I see now that I just got that Whip by chance. Now, to continue not looking at the wiki, so I can has pure souls experience.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Next

Return to Gamer's Paradise