[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Questions about imported consoles
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Questions about imported consoles

Everything related to games~

Questions about imported consoles

Postby Alexx » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:17 am

I come from a time where getting things online wasn't a normal thing...so I tend to forget it exists. I think of getting some Japanese games as this unattainable goal I'll figure out someday. Then I remember Amazon exists in this day and age and go look it up and OH LOOK - they've got it right there for a reasonable price from a store right in the US!

Now I know Famicom games don't fit in an SNES, and I know all you gotta do is cut these little tabs out of the SNES to get 'em to fit. I tried cutting out those tabs a long time ago and failed. I'm a little hesitant to try again. I did find a Famicom on Amazon for a reasonable price, though!

I just have to stop and think about some things, like: Will the plug work in my outlets? Is it the same shape and, if so, does the voltage even line up? Would I fry the system if I just plugged it in without checking?

On top of that, should I even bother? I could probably look up a way to mod my SNES, but it's kind of a pristine little guy I got from my Grandma and I'm afraid to cut the poor thing (my previous try at cutting the tabs were on a different SNES that has a cracked connector where the power supply plugs in). On top of that, there's only a few games that I want, and I'm not sure if it's worth getting a Famicom, other than for the collector's value (you know, I like having things).

I suppose I could just go back to emulators again and find a controller for my computer and hook it up to the TV...but I don't know. I lost my whole emulated library back in high school when the family computer got fried...I still have flashbacks to all those games and all the work I had done on that computer. Never went back and downloaded any of the stuff I lost. I like having a cartridge in hand nowadays, if I can manage. Like I said, it's sort of a collector's thing now, as well. Guess I'm just looking for opinions as well as info!
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Re: Questions about imported consoles

Postby Librari » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:29 pm

I love my consoles to much to deface or hack them! My SNES still sees regular use. If I wanted imported games, I would probably import the console.
I'm a wizard! :]
Librari
Wizard LV 80/48
Wizard  LV 80/48

Postby RollCasket » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:15 pm

I've imported both games and consoles and have never had any problems with wattage or anything like that, though places like Europe use 210 and that can explodey your system. I know for SNES it's real easy to cut off the lil ends at the bottom for them to fit and they work fine or you can get one of those "Honey Bee" (that's what mine is called) things that you plug the game into instead, though for NES/Famicon I have an *ahem* off brand NES that has a top loader (where the Famicon carts like my SMB3 work) and a bottom loader and was pretty cheap though it was forever ago that I got it.

I used to import a LOT though...and I think I have some Japanese games from every generation now that I think of it...oh, and two European games. It helped though that where I lived I could walk into a store and either buy what they had or special order what I wanted...like the Evangelion N64 game, awwww yeeeaaaahhh~
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Alexx » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:47 pm

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby RollCasket » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:40 pm

I forget as it's been a while...and all old system stuff is in boxes atm x.x N64 is one of the easiest cause you can shave off both ends of the cart itself, but I forget for Famicon and obviously Super Famicon ones are rounded so something like the Honey Bee (yeah basically an adapter) is easiest for those.

This might also help http://tay.kotaku.com/a-beginners-guide ... @tinaamini

Usually I look at how many games I want if I go for mod/adapter instead of jus gettin the system.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Gamer's Paradise