[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Starbound
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Starbound

Everything related to games~

Starbound

Postby Pie » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:50 pm

I hadn't seen much material on Starbound for the longest time other than conceptual sketches and just recently came across some videos, screenshots, and information on their development progress and it looks and sounds quite awesome; I'm actually kinda excited! =) Here's hopes for the best for their development team!

is practically the Sci-fi spiritual successor to , a "sandbox" game kinda like a 2D Minecraft, having a heavier focus on combat and gearing up. It's an awesome gem with many hours of randomly generated exploration and building fun. It was sadly announced a few months after the game's official release that there will be no more additional developments for it. Terraria's development was mostly credited to two people who I suppose simply decided not to work together anymore. One of the developers went off to assemble a team to make what is now known as Starbound.

-and here's a
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Re: Starbound

Postby Adol The Red » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:44 pm

This looks neat. I will have to keep an eye on. It.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby The Lich Tree » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:39 am

this game looks sooo amazing, been keeping an eye on it for awhile cant wait till release i and i have the money to get it!
There would be a pretty good signature here if I was witty enough! Probably.
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Postby Librari » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:07 am

Soooooooo... Starbound is out now. Who's playing? What loots have you found/stolen from NPCs? :D
I'm a wizard! :]
Librari
Wizard LV 80/48
Wizard  LV 80/48

Postby Eccs » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:18 pm

My brother started playing it a few days ago after he saw me watching it on one of the streams I am subscribed to. I would like to start playing it myself as well, but yeah I have been a bit busy at work @_@.

It is a pretty fun and addictive game, unfortunately still in beta stage. I saw my brother had managed to craft his own mansion with plants and stuff growing off balconies and stuff. He was pretty disappointed when it all got wiped when they applied the update to the game. But his still playing it so it must be pretty good right?

His only problem is trying to get a swimming pool or pond on the fourth floor of his house, does anyone know if there is anyway to move water (apart from making it flow from a higher area)?
Eccs
Priest LV 90/50
Priest  LV 90/50

Postby Librari » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:51 pm

Hi Eccs!

I haven't tried this mod, but I'm thinking of installing it to make bathtubs/hot tubs. Tell your brother about it.

I too find building way too much fun. I stay in low-tier technology for so long because I'm having too much fun star-hopping looking for new structures to plunder and build a big scifi house out of. And basic modding in Starbound is so easy it's ridiculous! All the data is in easy-to-read JSON syntax, and you can use Lua to do the more complex stuff like custom vehicle techs.

The wipes do suck, but there are quite a few cheaty-type mods that you can use to get back to where you were in terms of progress, or just buffs to starting-game stuff like 1:1 ore smelting or a disgustingly powerful copper pickaxe.
I'm a wizard! :]
Librari
Wizard LV 80/48
Wizard  LV 80/48

Postby ThePaul » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:55 am

I just recently got some Steam Spacebucks, and am thinking of playing this. Who here still plays?
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby The Lich Tree » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:15 am

I'd play more starboard when more stuff releases on it, right now its kind of stale to me. but since chucklefish now has an office together in the uk i expect a lot more progress will be done! :D
There would be a pretty good signature here if I was witty enough! Probably.
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Return to Gamer's Paradise