[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Discovering Indie Games Thread!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Discovering Indie Games Thread!

Everything related to games~

Discovering Indie Games Thread!

Postby Pie » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:16 am

Discover, interested in, love, or like an Indie game you want to share? Pleas do!

This game has been out for many years now and has acquired a strong fan following already, but I still want to post it because it's such an inspiring and influential piece of work! =)

-An older game by the creator of Noitu Love 2, Konjak. Simple, but really cool. =)

Created by Konjak. Not a free game, but it's well worth its cost. Awesome side scrolling action fun!

Konjak's been working on this on and off for a few years now. It's not finished, but he has two alpha versions up on his site and from what he has, it's really awespiring! XD I can't wait till he finishes it! =D One day... hopefully...

Mist shared this with Bear and me a few months ago and it I think it looks really cool! XD Beautifully animated zelda-ish 1-4 player adventure inspired by Ragnarok Online with a few action game play mechanics. It's not done yet, but I'm keeping my eyes open for it. =)

Haven't played it, but looks pretty cool! =) The gameplay looks similar to Terraria but with character classes and emphasizes on team vs team battles using material gathering and building mechanics to modify the terrain. I'm kinda betting the exploration and crafting aspects aren't as in-depth as Terraria's.
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Re: Discovering Indie Games Thread!

Postby chrisb » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:42 am

Awesome thread pie =]

I have a few favorites.

First one is Cloud by Thatgamecompany. If you loved fl0wer or Journey you will love this game. You play as a boy who is dying in a hospital bed who dreams of flying in the sky. There's not much of a goal. It's more a way to relax than anything else.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoVXR-LBFB4

This site has some awesome/cute flash time wasters:
http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/

I Wanna Be The Guy
An homage to like every single video game ever. Freaking hard too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPBgxWyX ... plpp_video

Midas

http://wanderlands.org/main/midas
Another Flash game that is beautiful and sad. Only takes about ten minutes to beat too. Tells the tale of King Midas who wishes to turn everything he touches into gold. Sadly that includes his love.

Loneliness
Yeah it's pretentious and not even a game, but it really does make you feel something. Just play to the end.
http://www.necessarygames.com/my-games/loneliness/flash
*The whole site in general is worth checking out.
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Mistaque » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:33 pm

Hmm.. indie games..

-

Generally summed up by people as 'Super Metroid + Ecco The Dolphin', this game is at least worth a try for any fan of Metroidvania games in general. Personally, I really enjoyed this game.

It's a.. 8-bit.. MORPG. Yeah. Turn-based battles. Grinding. Random encounters after random encounters. All that. So why do I keep playing this? I mean, I might as well play a better single-player RPG.. it's not like anyone ever has time to play anything with me..

And uh.. that is all. *re-engage lurk-mode*
Mistaque
Mage LV 63/45
Mage  LV 63/45

Postby Pie » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:24 am

Thanks for your contributions guys. =D

Crispy- Bear and I checked out I Wanna Be the Guy a couple years back; I forgot about that game. XD It's really crazy and funny. We also found out about loneliness from (I don't remember which episode) a while back. It's really interesting and something worth checking out too I agree. XD

Never played the game, but it looks pretty cool; it also seems to have developed a fan following too so it's might be worth checking out one day. =) Many of the screenshots are of the remake, the original apparently looked very 8-bit.
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Maglor » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:07 pm

Been eying FTL for a while now, but couldn't justify the price with all the other games I need to play. Well, [url="www.ftlgame.com"]its on sale for $6 right now.[/url] Long story short, I spent about 5 hours playing it last night, and I'm hardly done with it. Its a space adventure roguelike, quite addicting. Anyhoo, thought it was worth mentioning.
Maglor
Novice LV 9/8
Novice  LV 9/8

Postby Tehwilburforce » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:26 am

My teacher for my Intro to Video Games class this semester was praising La Mulana out the Wazoo today. He said it's pretty hard, but I'd definitely like to give it a look.

@Misty: NEStalgia actually looks pretty cool. I'll try to get it so we can play sometime. Sorry for not being available much. It'll get better round the holidays. Promise.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Pie » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:50 pm

Very awesome looking stuff! Don't have time to write about it right now, but its gotten me rather amped! XD Just on a side note, I also want to say they did an awesome video. =) Check out their crowd funding project page! They even have a downloadable to the game (which I haven't checked out yet /swt2 )

Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby RollCasket » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:55 pm

I made a thread on it but might as well mention it here too, but Evoland is pretty awesome =P It's got some nice nostalgia and although it's not that long it was still fun and cool to play.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Kerreth » Fri May 03, 2013 2:33 am

There's some stuff missing from that newspost of you guys. Let me help you fix that. :P

(previously AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! A Reckless Disregard for Gravity, this one is a rerelease with updated graphics and ~40 new levels)

Good luck remembering how to spell that one. Just recently got into it after buying it as part of a bundle way back when and being sad it wouldn't play well on my old laptop. So, base jumping. While hugging buildings. Or even crashing into buildings in one level. And flipping people off. While spraying graffiti at things. And hitting glass panels. And not becoming a goopy mess of bones on arrival. Yeah. Unless you hate heights. You still have to play the game, someone'll just have to strap you down to a chair Clockwork Orange style.

Stealth. 2D stealth. True 2D stealth. Here are many paths, and many tools. Get from point A here to point B there. Maybe do some of these optional objectives. Maybe kill everyone. Or no one. Just figure it out and don't be spotted. (Well, this is at least true until about the second to last level. Then there's one ability that ends up mandatory, so you're pigeonholed into taking that.) Fantastic game. The cinematics also have a pretty neat art style.

Yes, this counts, shut up, Telltale's wiki page says it's an independent company, and this game flew waaaaaaaaaaay under the radar until it started winning all those GOTY awards. And for good reason, this game makes you feel things, so I can't recommend it enough. There is some big tension present throughout most of the game, but reading any spoilers at all about it pretty much ruins it, so I can't say much besides PLAY THIS. EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER. (And no, I haven't read or watched any of The Walking Dead, it's not a prerequisite.)
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Bear » Sat May 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Yeah, these games were very much missing from my list Kerreth and I place the blame squarely at your feet for not sharing them sooner! lol

Actually, we had heard of Mark of the Ninja before, but we completely forgot about it. =( The Walking Dead did fly under our radar though and it just so happens that we caught up with the latest Extra Credits episodes that talk about them like...yesterday? Yeah, it looks awesome! We'll definitely be picking it up. As for AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome, I had never heard of it before and it looks GREAT. I like the old name a lot better though =/ Totally my type of game, I certainly want to check it out, so thank you for sharing!! <3
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Next

Return to Gamer's Paradise