[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Discovering Indie Games Thread!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Discovering Indie Games Thread!

Everything related to games~

Re: Discovering Indie Games Thread!

Postby The Lich Tree » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:40 pm

That Secrets of Grinda looks amazing thanks for the share pie!
There would be a pretty good signature here if I was witty enough! Probably.
The Lich Tree
Wizard LV 72/30
Wizard  LV 72/30

Postby Kerreth » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:13 am

I've recently gotten into a love/hate relationship with . You play as a border control agent recently hired by a work lottery by a communist country, and you have to inspect documents and approve or deny entry. However...

1. You are paid per person you process, and you have a limited amount of time each day. If you don't process enough people, you won't earn enough money to pay for the rent, food, and heat to keep your family well. Going too fast, however, will leave you vulnerable to making mistakes, and every incorrect approval/denial will earn you a citation, starting with warnings and leading to monetary penalties and eventually termination.

2. This game could accurately be renamed "The Desk Simulator" because of the extremely limited space you have to work with.

You'll quickly have to compare too many documents to each other and use the ! button to point out discrepancies to the person.

3. The rules are constantly changing on a day-to-day basis, based on the current events of the game. They'll start lax, and then get strict, and then get lax, and then strict, and you'll need to keep on top of it all.

4. You'll quickly be dealing with terrorists, spies, traffickers, and corrupt officials. You are allowed to deal with each odd situation in your own way, and the achievement list suggests there are multiple endings depending on what you do.

While I hate that the game doesn't do a good job of teaching you the interface, and the sort of soul-crushing "I'm a stamping deskperson" feeling it can leave you with, Papers Please is pretty fantastic. The many large bits of story and political intrigue it throws at you really shows off the world they created, and all with you just stamping papers in a booth.

Glory to Arstotzka.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Bear » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:31 pm

A new game from the co-creator of Aquaria, involves living the life of a boomerang-cat that drops out of college, moves back in with her parents and finds things are not quite the way she left them. It looks really interesting and of course I'm a sucker for the amazing art~

/rice /rice /rice
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Pie » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:12 pm

Note: I just realized that all of these games I'm posting about aren't even out yet! XD;; -but I suppose it might be a good "keep your eyes open for these" thing. =)

This game's been in the works for a while. The beta is FINALLY OUT! I haven't tried it yet so I don't know how well it plays, The the current beta does not have single player mode; the maker however mentions that it will be in the next (beta?) release. Here's the old concept video for you guys. =)

(fanmade game)
Here's a fanmade Earthbound game! =D It looks like it carries the Earthbound feeling very well. I'm looking forward to this one. ^-^

Super Time Force is made by Capy, one of the studio behind . Think Contra, time manipulation, and single player co-op?? XD

Bear already blogged and linked to this a while back and we just recently noticed that it isn't on this thread when it really should be. ^^ We are both excited and anxious for this game to come out! We wish we had the money to donate for those high tier rewards. ;_;

Espionage as an alien plant. Looks like it could be cool! =3

Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Adol The Red » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:59 am

Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Bear » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:06 pm

Crypt of the NecroDancer

I mean, really, the name alone is nearly enough to sell the game, but after watching the video below, man! If you're anything like me, you will be running around screaming for joy....before quickly being tackled to the ground by orderlies. At least we can squirm around to a beat with this game in mind.

YEAH! This game speaks so much to me and there are very few indie games I would ever consider paying full pop for on our limited budget, especially for early access, but this is one such game. I hope that the whole game lives up to the concept and is as fun to play as the short bit looks; at this point I just want to throw my money to the developers as soon as possible so they can make it the best game possible before a final build.

The game will be available tomorrow, July 30th, on for $15.

Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby ThePaul » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:23 pm

I'm down for that. It looks pretty hype, Bear. /no1
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Previous

Return to Gamer's Paradise