[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Whatcha play'n?
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Whatcha play'n?

Everything related to games~

Re: Whatcha play'n?

Postby InSanor » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:51 am

Hypie Yeah, i too am one of those who can only count to a certain amounts of poke's.. 151 is the nostalgic number which brings a ton of memories from my childhood. But I had some love for the next two generations also.. then I just stopped caring.

That is not the say that the games had not evolved on their own. They have added a lot of nice things to the new games, like exp-share from the start (like Kerreth mentioned.) and the various sorts of battling you can do. Also, they have put more and more effort for the actual plot by each year. They, among other small things, were the reasons I managed to keep my interest so far. But in the end, I could say that the series have died for me, excluding occasional and short second-winds.

My friend keeps recommending (read: commanding me to buy) Monster Hunter for my DS, and that is probably the next thing I try before deciding if the 3ds has anything for me. Might give a look for the Harvest Town too, seems to be good for killing some silent hours.

ThePaul, an entire genre has died for you? And here I was sad from having to say goodbye for a mere series.
RTS genre was never too big for me, it was just something we did when we were having lan parties. That and Civilization and other turn based ones. They were fun, but as I didn't know all the tricks and stuff from the games, I ended up being zerk-rushed, demolished by chaos marines, nuked (c'mon, Gandhi? you too?), or having my grand nation otherwise horribly crippled by grand-ier nations. Still, fun times. Not seeing myself playing them on competitive levels though.

Ooh, Rockband , it used to be quite big hit in here too! xD (every "cool" kid had it or had QuitarHero.)Though I must admit that I did not know there was a campaign in it.. then again, I have never played them too much. Much less sober. xD
Life is like a game. Now to find a good macro I can use..
InSanor
Swordman LV 25/18
Swordman  LV 25/18

Postby Kerreth » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:46 am

RB2's story mode or whatever ended with the "Endless Setlist," all 84 on-disc songs played one after the other. It takes aaaaaaalll day. And I had to do it all on Bass because is a stupid fucking song (but it gives the nice shiny platinum Guitar medal too so suck it game). There's even a "Bladder of Steel" achievement for finishing that setlist without failing or pausing (or losing connections on your controllers because that pauses the game). It's one of only 2 achievements I'm missing for that game.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby ThePaul » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:06 pm

Yeah, I can't play RTSs any more. Building up my troops to destroy my enemies just doesn't get me the murder boner any more. I was really never any good at them in the first place, but now I don't even have fun losing at them or playing the champaign. I do occasionally play those MOBA things, tho. I guess it was all that resource management and doing research that really was never my style.

And I do still love Pokemon, just not mainline games. I love the spin-off stuff, and am looking forward to Pokken Tournament, if I can find someone with a Wii U.

Also, back onto topic of stuff I'm actually playing, I finally broke down and bought into Disney Infinity. Having a compulsion to collect things, play video games, and having grown up on Disney stuff, it was always a thing I've been tempted to jump into. Then I saw they might add Darkwing Duck and/or Mabel Pines from Gravity Falls, and I couldn't stop myself robbing a bank and buying some stuff. Bought the Saga bundle, that comes with Clones wars thing, Anakin and Ahsoka, the Original Trilogy game thing, Luke and Leia, and my boy, Boba Fett. Also snagged a ton of used figures from Gamestop when they had a buy 2, get 3 free thing going on, and made some other questionable purchasing decisions. Game is pretty fun in this iteration (Disney Infinity 3.0). The newer characters play great, though the older ones are kinda' underpowered, with some have no combos or weird not ranged attacks for their Ranged attack button (though you can just give everyone a new lightsaber that does have combos and can do the new air juggles, so there's no reason to not just use that).

All that being said, it's not fun enough to justify the price you are going to have to pay to get everything. I'm fine with this, because I like collecting stuff, and these figures is just the exact kinda' thing I want. If you just aren't into the toys, I'd suggest staying away, unless you really only want to play as the two Johnny Depps or something.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Kerreth » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:04 pm

I'm still bitter that that Darkwing Duck poll had <1% of votes for Kim Possible. I don't even play the games, I just want the figures, and I would kill for Kim Possible figures.

I wish more of all the figures (Infinity, amiibo, etc) were more readily available out of bundles. Or in the case of amiibo, more readily available period. Like, I want that Hammer Bowser Skylander/Amiibo crossover, but I can only see it in the Wii bundle for the game. Not the Wii U bundle, the Wii bundle. Because... they made a Wii version of the game? For the Wii? I guess there's still a market for that?
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby ThePaul » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:17 pm

I don't know how much of that you been keeping up on, but John Vignocchi made a point to call out a meeting he had with Christy Carlson Romano. There might be a Kim Possible figure in the works yet. Though he does seem to be a fan of Ed Boon, master of trolling his fan base.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Hypie » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:06 pm

i had my try at the pokken tournament and its....well..meh. you play 3 minutes and wait 40 minutes so your energy can replenish...or invest money. no thank you...

regarding pokemon a few of the newer pokemons where great. fiaro as a example..i always wished for a falcon like bird pokemon and the evos before that where always oversized...i mean cmon pidgeot you can ride on him so big that one. no bird in real life is that big...or are there birds so big? o_O

in pokemon y i loved tyrunt. named him greymon cuz the evo looked similar haha xD
Hypie
Swordman LV 25/18
Swordman  LV 25/18

Postby ThePaul » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:24 am

What.... I don't understand... Pokken Tournament is an Arcade Fighting game that's coming to the Wii U next year, isn't it...? Not some Mobile game...?
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Kerreth » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:04 pm

Sure you're not thinking about Pokémon Shuffle or Pokémon Rumble-somethingorother? Those are the only 2 free-to-start Pokémon games I can think of off the top of my head.

Shuffle's capture rates are such BS.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Hypie » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:47 pm

ah yeah mismatched the tournament thing with rumble sorry fault /swt2
Hypie
Swordman LV 25/18
Swordman  LV 25/18

Postby Hypie » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:50 pm