[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Whatcha play'n?
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Whatcha play'n?

Everything related to games~

Re: Whatcha play'n?

Postby Pie » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:16 pm

I've been curious about Life is Strange since it's gotten some attention over the past few months. I admit that the bit about FF:The Spirits Within looking really awkward. >_> It's interesting though. I can't help but to wonder how it got in there, if it's actually something that the developers felt was a nice easter egg/call out/fanservice bit, or if it's a weird corporate shoe horn decision.
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Kerreth » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:22 pm

I did a thing last weekend.

And at that thing I did last weekend I bought a tabletop game called Cuisine a la Card, which is a deckbuilding game where you're basically on Chopped or some competitive cooking show, and you have to buy ingredients to make into dishes to serve to judges. I bought it based on the premise alone.

I also won a copy of The Jackbox Party Pack 2, which is just as great as the first one.

There was also some game they were demoing I didn't get the name of, but the basic premise was you and like 7 other people are holding PlayStation Move batons, and you have to walk around slowly and try to jostle them out of each other's hands. I was very good at just waiting for everyone else to lose before I lost.

And I met a bunch of Youtubers and Twitch streamers and podcasters I follow, and proceeded to become extremely nervous talking to them. :oops:
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby ThePaul » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:28 pm

I've been playing Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth a bunch. This is the kind of Digimon game I've been itching to play. Okay, maybe not the exact Digimon game I've been looking to play, because the Farm isn't as Important as it was in the older stuff, but I can live without having to devote days of my life trying to figure that out. I pretty much already got the Digimon I wanted to be my main party, and am now doing what I gotta do to get some of my side favorites. I will say that the Translation is super rough in places. Like, there's one character, who has a lot of unnecessary "lol" and "omg" just thrown into the subtitles, even though it is super clear he is not saying that (even though I don't speak Japanese). Still love what I've played of the game so far, though.

Also, I sunk a lot more of my money into Disney Infinity, because I am a child and like having these toys for babies lined up on my wall, like they're going to fight each other.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby ThePaul » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:57 pm

Finished Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. That's a fun game. Couple more flaws cropped up, but nothing that made me hate the game.

So, I picked Persona 4: Dancing All Night back up. Story's great. Nanako is the True Hero. Junes4Life!
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Adol The Red » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:15 pm

Finally "finished" Xenoblade Chronicles X. I say "finished" because there's still a ton more to do. I still haven't even recruited the last character. But I've been putting all my free time into it since it came out and I really need to get back to other things, so now that I've at least beaten it I'll put it on the back burner. I was originally going to gush about how much I loved it, but after 250+ hrs I'm not sure i have the energy. That I played one game straight through for over 250 hrs should speak for me, though.

I will say, I have two things I absolutely love in any game. One is exploration in general, and the other is getting up on top of tall things. This game has both in spades, and it's really amazing how the scale of the world changes when you can finally start piloting a giant robot. I explored so much of it on foot, coming up with ways to sneak past powerful enemies and reach areas I wasn't even supposed to be yet. The world itself is also a blast, with some really unique regions. Honestly, I was sometimes blown away.

I also loved the music. Some of it won't be for everyone, but most of the battle scores really got me pumped, and seem to amp up at the right time. It's done by the person who did the music for Kill la kill, which also has some great tracks.

I still have only played a small portion of the first Xenoblade, so I can't compare them (though this game gives me an urge to get back to that). All I can say is that I more or less loved it, and what flaws it had were not enough to keep me from coming back.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Librari » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:05 pm

I'm a wizard! :]
Librari
Wizard LV 80/48
Wizard  LV 80/48

Postby Kerreth » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:03 am

Cheesy lyrics in RPG songs are my jam.

I've been playing Darkest Dungeon and my goodness do I like it so far. There's quite a bit to learn about team compositions, some that work really surprise me. For example, early on, my Crusader stressed the fuck out, and I didn't have another big frontline dude to take his place, so I some how ended up with a Vestal in the front, followed by a Grave Robber, Occultist, and Plague Doctor. I didn't think Vestals were at all useful in the front, their melee is weak, they can't heal in that position, and they are flimsy, but through a combination of Plague Doctor stun-blight-buff shenanigans, Grave Robber stun-lunges, and incredibly clutch Occultist heals and debuffs, it went much smoother than the previous mission, where previously mentioned Crusader stressed the fuck out almost right away, emanating constant stress to everyone else, including my brand new Houndmaster who stressed the fuck out from 0, and then refused heals and died.

So far the game hasn't gotten completely unfair, but I've heard stories.

Oh, and I finished Life is Strange a while ago. Episode 4 is definitely its strongest point, with several of your choices coming to head in a few events with several different outcomes, and the most interesting plot developments. Then... while Episode 5 was interesting in how you resolved one half of the story... another half just didn't wrap up neatly at all. Still a good game, with a lot less transparency than The Walking Dead.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Librari » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:46 am

Vestal and three Grave Robbers is best party. /no1
I'm a wizard! :]
Librari
Wizard LV 80/48
Wizard  LV 80/48

Postby Kerreth » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:38 pm

I just wanna see how long four Men-At-Arms would last just doing Riposte.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Kerreth » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:52 pm

Houndmasters can hug their dogs to heal. 10/10 game of the year.

Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise