[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - My fellow Steam users
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

My fellow Steam users

Everything related to games~

My fellow Steam users

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:28 pm

I know I'm new here but I would really like to get straight into the community. Now many of us here are gamers, and I reckon that more than a few of us use Steam. So I was wondering if anyone would be interested in starting a Steam group with me for the people of the Aggro community.
I personally think it would great because it would enable people to just chat generally without going through the lengthy process of posting on the forums, the group chat would also be a way to maybe organise things within the community and it may also be a way of letting more people know about the Aggro stuff.

In regards to people joining the group, I was thinking about them having to be an Aggro member first, so as to avoid unwanted visitors and so we know them a bit first. So I guess that if enough people want to do this then we can create a group, and if anyone has a good idea for a name, feel free to post it, but keep it clean. I was thinking about something like "Steam in Aggro" just keeping it simple, but we can always vote.

If anyone would like to help me organise all this it would much appreciated.

Well, I'm going to play some xbox now, so see you guys later.

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Re: My fellow Steam users

Postby TenaciousTinkerer » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:45 pm

I like this idea for the people who use steam to play games. We could use it to put up updates on the forums when something happen's like a new magazine or some sort of even't coming up. but i wan't to hear what other people have to say first to make a complete decision. and as far as a name goes i have no ideas to put out.
Big sword you say!? Im in :D
TenaciousTinkerer
Knight LV 68/1
Knight  LV 68/1

Location: Somewhere blasting, N smashing stuff with a laser greatsword

Postby Tehwilburforce » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:34 pm

I love this idea. I don't always get on Steam, but when I do, I make sure to kick some ass in Team Fortress. Stay thirsty, my friends. LOL! Anyway, I think the name Steam in Aggro fits perfectly. Event organization and chat would be very convenient and easy. Group matches in various games (Team Fortress, Left 4 Dead, etc.) would also be fun. I would love to help you with this if you need some assistance. I need an excuse to visit Steam more often, anyway.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Bear » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:56 pm

Sounds good to me =) Steam in Aggro is all good too and we can sticky this thread so people can join in once the name is decided and it is setup.

As far as limiting it to people on the forums, I think it might be a better just to keep it open to anyone who enjoys, respects and wants to participate in our community. I'm not a big fan of forcing people into memberships they may not be interested in using. If someone joins the Steam group and is cool, then we can encourage them to join the forums for the discussions and stuff here if the are interested. =)

We could just setup a group of admins who are active on Steam who are passionate about encouraging the vibe and culture to ensure we have a place we can enjoy and have fun in. I'll help as much as I can, of course.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:59 pm

I have steam also but I admit I don't have a ton of games on it. I'm also pretty terrible at fps games so if we play tf2 expect the team I'm on to lose badly lol.

Aside from steam, it'd be cool if we got big enough to have guilds or groups in other games and such too. Like Diablo 3 which I already made a thread on, would be cool to exchange bnet names and romp around with.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby TenaciousTinkerer » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:24 pm

@Roll It doesn't really matter if we lose badly because we should just enjoy the game and as long as you have fun with your games that you have a right now a small amount of games is plenty. and that would be pretty cool if we can get that big where we would be exchanging items from games and have guilds and clans and that sort of stuff.
TenaciousTinkerer
Knight LV 68/1
Knight  LV 68/1

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:53 pm

Thanks guys, I think that the rest of the community would also like to have a steam group. Personally, I'm on Steam most of the time, except for when I'm at school for obvious reasons. And I do agree with Bear when he says that we shouldn't force people to become members, I guess I was just a bit worried about what would happen if we were to let anyone join.

As for having may games, it doesn't matter, I myself have about 45 but that's just because of the recent Christmas sale, you should see my friend, he has 338 games!
Having guilds and such in other games is also a great idea, it would allow us to strengthen our online presence. I myself am not much of an mmo player but I'm sure there are heaps of people here who are.

Thanks Wilbur for offering to help me get this organised, I had the weirdest feeling that it would be you.

So I guess we'll leave open to deliberation for around a week, maybe longer or shorter depending on what happens, and then we can decide what to do. I for one have very high hopes for this endeavor.

Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby TenaciousTinkerer » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:14 am

388 GAMES?! What did he win that thing to get every steam game? cuz wow that's alot of games. and would there be any way i could try to help? As i will try my best to help in any way i can.
TenaciousTinkerer
Knight LV 68/1
Knight  LV 68/1

Postby RollCasket » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:20 am

Well there's plenty of games I wouldn't mind having...my prob though is I have all the systems old and new so I get a game or two for one system, a few for another, etc. Even as far as steam goes most of the games I played were with my old roommate's account lol. So yeah, my personal steam list is kinda sad.

I have no way of checking atm but I think the only multiplayer steam games I have is tf2, borderlands, terraria, and technically spiral knights though it's not connected to my steam act everyone is on the same server. If there are any particular games that everyone wants to play I'll prolly get it unless I already own it on a console or somethin =P
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:25 am

No he just has a lot of money. Bear was talking about having a group of admins to watch over everything and I'm sure you could do that, but at the moment I think we're just in the planning phase and we don't really know what everyone is going to do.

Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Next

Return to Gamer's Paradise