[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (quick look linked)
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (quick look linked)

Everything related to games~

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (quick look linked)

Postby RollCasket » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:08 am

Hopefully you clicked on this cause you were either bored or curious as to why I'd be making a post on this game. I'll tell you now that it's NOT because it's a Spyro game, cause really how many people really care about that, I sure didn't =P

ANYWAY...I almost didn't want to let anyone know about this game because of the daunting investment it entails. Before getting into that though .

Did you watch it? Are you now as INSTANTLY INTERESTED AS I AM? If you are, then like me there's this weird nostalgia that it's tugging at for you to collect these toys that you can then bring to life in a game and play with.

They also mention a bit of the costs for this stuff on the quick look, but even the 3DS version, which you think would be cheaper, is just as much as the bigger console versions. Then there are the extra characters...level packs...and item packs if you want those too. It's all pretty daunting and expensive to get into...yet why can't I make myself not want it?! x.x

So...here I am...looking at my games seeing if there's anything I can trade in.........>.>
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (quick look linked)

Postby RollCasket » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:37 pm

...yep...and as expected, I'm already addicted to the game and want to buy more stuff for it =P

I went ahead and got the 3DS version for a few reasons, it's actually a bit different in that it's more action-ish with platforming, and it already came with characters I wanted >.> The toy to game concept is cool and fun, and the actual game itself is already fun with extra stuff to do other than leveling up like collecting hats and extra crystals. Where they get you there is there are little mini challenges you can do in levels, but you need a character of that element to get in...so ideally you want one of each type. On top of that there are also scrolls you can find that give extra stats to a specific character.

My is lvl 7 so far though already I need an earth element to get the scroll for her. The 3DS version comes with grass, dark, and fire...so I'm probably going to get the Pirate Ship stage item cause it comes with a really cool that can burrow in the ground.

This game is awesome =P
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby RollCasket » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:47 am

Having fairly quickly beaten the 3DS version I have to say if you're just getting that it isn't really worth the asking price, though I WILL say that gameplay-wise it was tons of fun, it was just too short with a lot less customization compared to the console versions.

So brings me to the 360 version which is also a lot of fun with more customization and most importantly, hats! The game is very reminiscent of old school Rare games and despite the overall kiddiness of it the dialog is still funny at many parts and the action can get a bit intense also.

In any case, it's good enough that I wish I were at home to play it now =P Also, Hex really needs to come out, cause I need an undead type damnit!
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Pie » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:20 am

Thanks for your impressions on Skylanders. XD It sounds like a really cool concept. I probably would be all over it if it came out when I was in elementary or middle school. The gameplay sounds like it might be fun since I read/heard that one of the versions is similar to Gauntlet Legends which my brother and I played a ton of when we were younger. The 3DS version sounded a little more enticing in one of the featurettes I watched which mentioned that it was the only version in which you can jump, but I suppose it really depends too if there is any reason to jump. '_' I've listened to the soundtrack on youtube a few times while working and it sounds really cool! XD

The concept of everything sounds really cool, but one of my concerns is that as a kid, I think I'd much rather prefer the physical toy to have moving limbs. Having the figure stuck on the base doesn't sound very fun to play with on its own. '_'

Sorry for my run-on sentences and bad sentence structure. I have much to do and little time. /swt2
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby RollCasket » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:59 pm

It IS really fun, and I'm...uhhh...no longer in school...a while ago...>.>

I think it's best described as like an older Rare game like I had said, like Banjo and Kazooie or Donkey Kong, looks kiddie, but is a lot of fun to play. Yeah the concept is really cool
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby RollCasket » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:21 pm

...er...I accidentally tapped the Submit button while scrolling...whoops >.>

Anyway yeah, the idea is that the "skylanders" were frozen by a curse and the portal brings them back to life. It was written by the Toy Story crew so you can see where they were going with that, heh. It's definitely a lot of fun to be going through a stage and coming across an elemental gate so you switch to that...or switch to match the elemental strength of an area, or even just switch cause one is about to die because they're like literal extra lives.

Yeah the 3DS ver has the jumping, and I liked the gameplaya lot, but it was just too short comparatively. Even though the console versions have no jumping there are things that bounce you so there are some minor platforming parts with that. There are also multiple challenge modes you can do with differing gameplay styles to raise stats permenately.

So yeah, it's expensive, but I still think it's fun enough to justify the cost, you can play offline co-op also.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Pie » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:48 am

Yay, it makes me happy to hear about a top-view co-op action video game! XD Not only that, but it's visually and acoustically appealing! =D There are just so few top view action co-op games. T-T

-not to say that the game is mainly for kids or anything... (from what I said before about probably being all over it if I were small) -but I used to be really big into collecting small plastic or rubber figurines of creatures, characters, etc. XD As I've gotten older though, I found out it kinda sucks having a lot of figurines and nowhere to display them and that if I were to have them displayed, it's a pain keeping them organized and decently clean. -I also can't stand the clutter anymore so they end up being stored in a container which I end up not touching for long periods of time because there're always so many other things I want to do to! >.< I DO like the idea of having a toy or two around. XD -kinda like a "toy of the week," you know? lol
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Return to Gamer's Paradise