[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Greetings!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Introductions Hi! I'm New Here!

Greetings!

Welcome! Come on over and tell us a bit about yourself~

Greetings!

Postby Alanzi » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:03 pm

Hey everyone! Hope things are going well for all of you.

A few weeks ago, someone posted a Life in Aggro comic on Imgur. I loved the humor and the art style (I soooo want to buy a commission), to I decided to check out the site. The first thing I noticed was the quote from Famous Website at the top, so I instantly scrolled to the bottom to see if there was a custom author/copyright notice--and there was! I decided right then and there I was going to read this entire comic. :D

It's been a lot of fun reading from the beginning, enjoying the comics and hearing both of your opinions of games (and even of your own lives) through the blog posts. LiA made me consider trying my hand at FFXIV again maybe, and since a friend recently gifted me Persona 5, it's made me anxious to give it a shot.

I know it looks like there's not a ton of stuff going on (I really wish I'd discovered Life in Aggro years ago) but I'm hoping I can still be a part of the community here. Most all of my friends these days take themselves way too seriously, so reading through LiA and seeing the fun you all have was incredibly refreshing.

That's pretty much it! Don't want to get too longwinded in an intro post, haha. See you around?
Alanzi
Priest LV 76/45
Priest  LV 76/45

Re: Greetings!

Postby Pie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:19 pm

Welcome Alanzi!~ ^_^

hahaha, It's really flattering to you hear you talk about Life in Aggro that way. I'm happy you like it so much. =) I'm also happy that it opened you up to the idea of going back to FF14 and playing Persona 5. We love those games so much. +u+ I just want so bad to people to give FF14 a chance and to fall for it as I have. -so it kinda sucks that the game doesn't start showing its colors until around level 50. >.< I mean, right now, it doesn't take too too long to get to level 50, but I can understand the idea of people hitting the cap of the trial period at 30(?) and feeling unimpressed. '_' We actually stopped playing FF14 at around level 17 years ago during our trial period, but decided to give it another try after we gave up on Archage. '_'

Anyway, I'm happy that you're here. Thank you so much for your readership and support and I hope to hear more from you soon. ^_^ See you around~

Oh yeah, I'm pretty much always accepting art commissions. =) If you can't afford one now, there's always the idea that as time passes, there's a higher chance that your commission will be of higher quality. XD
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Pie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:32 pm

oh yeah! and I guess you can always taking a shot at the raffle in our Patreon. We do one every once in a while. The winner gets a free commission. =) We used to do one every month, but the past year, it hasn't been so. ^^; I'm trying to get to a point in which we can do it more regularly.
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Alanzi » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:21 pm

Thanks Pie! Glad to be here.

I've tried FFXIV:ARR twice now, a couple of weeks both times, and I think I only got to around level 20 or so, just enough to complete the initial Limsa Lominsa quest line (I love that place). Agreed that it probably wouldn't take too long to get to level 50, but at that point I assume you really need to have a group to play it with to do raiding or whatever. I have a few internet friends that were doing all that at the time it came out, but I wasn't interested in playing with them (they're kind of the opposite of what Bear would talk about--high strung on any failures and not willing to just do things to have fun with it. Every failure is just an opportunity to do it better next time!)

In the meantime I bought FFXI and have been trying to play through all of its questlines, haha. I'm...about 40% there maybe? It's fun, but it's pretty deserted. I can only imagine what it used to be like in its prime.

And good to know you're always accepting commissions! I'm pretty sure I can afford one, I just honestly...have no idea what I want, haha. Maybe something I can use as a profile picture on Steam or something to start with, who knooooows.
Alanzi
Priest LV 76/45
Priest  LV 76/45

Postby Pie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:36 pm

I hope you're enjoying FFXI. =) I keep hearing how much people loved the game in its prime. I was really interested in it and wanted to make a White mage/beast master(?), so much so that I was drawing and designing what a combined outfit would look like. =3 I never had a chance to play FF11 though unfortunately.

Well, group content opens at 15, but you don't necessarily need your own group. The Duty Finder will pair you up with a party of randoms, no problem, lickety-split. ^_- b It's usually fastest when playing a Tank or healer. If you're playing DPS, it usually takes maybe ten minutes? Raids are optional of course and have their own story lines. Everything has its own storyline! \(@ u @)/ Raids are at levels 50, 60, and 70 and can also be auto filled with the duty finder. The 24 man raids don't take too long, I don't remember the time limit, but I think it at least is less than an hour? It's only troublesome when you get a bunch of people who don't know or don't respect mechanics. ^^

The main story quest is soooo goooood ;_;

hahaha, listen to me trying to sell you on FF14. XD
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Alanzi » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:01 am

Alanzi
Priest LV 76/45
Priest  LV 76/45

Return to Hi! I'm New Here!