[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Hi there!!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Introductions Hi! I'm New Here!

Hi there!!

Welcome! Come on over and tell us a bit about yourself~

Hi there!!

Postby QueenGainer » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:28 am

Hi everyone!! I've been reading the comic for several years, but only now actually doing the forum thing. So let's see... I've been playing games since the 70s (started with Pong!), and of course still do today (though I don't have much time for it lately!). Used to play FFXIV for 2 years straight, but had to stop because I can't really afford it right now. The FFXIV comics here are what drew me to LiA, along with the great art style!

I'm a big fan of anime, mostly giant robots. My name I chose here is a variation of one of my favorites, KingGainer, that I changed to better suit myself. :D I know I'm one of the only people who will say this, but Macross 7 is my favorite anime of all time.

I really wanted to thank you all, too. Cecelia's coming out was one of several things that gave me that final push I needed to come out as trans myself, and I've never been happier in my entire life. I'm now 8 months on hrt & 2 months living full-time. So, thank you all!
QueenGainer
Novice LV 6/5
Novice  LV 6/5

Re: Hi there!!

Postby Pie » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:57 pm

Hey QueenGainer, welcome to the forums! \(' u ')/ That's cool about your name and cool hearing about being a fan of giant robots! @u@ I love anime robot things and found out a few weeks ago that a one of my friends likes them too, so we've been casually gushing during our conversations lately. It's fun that you happen to show up while I'm in this whole, "share the robot gush" thing. +u+

I've never seen KingGainer, but I remember seeing its design a long time ago. I think at the time, I didn't really have the ability to watch much anime either so I guess I missed out. I guess maybe I'll start looking into it again. =3 Unfortunately, I never got to see Macross 7 either, but I thought it was really cool how they fused the music theme in Macross with the Valkyries. ^_^ (I know almost nothing about Macross 7)

Thank you for your compliments on the comic. It helps knowing that there are people who enjoy it. ^_^

Congratulations on your transition. ^_^ We're really happy to hear that, in our own small way, we helped make such a big positive change in your life. Keep striving forward for your happiness! (' u ')/
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Graum » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:21 am

Macross 7? Ewwwwww..... ok it ended well but good gravy... the first 20-25 episodes were just a REALLY bad AMV of the same song... I was so sick of that guys song! "Come on people..." (EVERYONE RUNS AWAY AND THE SONG ENDS!!!!!!) *next episode*

I have started getting into Mechas a lot recently... Macross series got me going on it when I decided to give it a shot. The older animation quality and constant repetition of scenes in the first and second really turned me off to it, but the story... THE STORY!!!!! Loved it! Then Macross F came up in the timeline and I was in love! By far my favorite to date.

Recently began the Mobile Suit Gundam series but since a lot of that is from very early anime years I am starting in a more middle point. I already finished the most recent: Ironblooded Orphans, but now I am currently watching SEED and boy oh boy is it good. I love it!

If you have a MyAnimeList let me know, I would love to find some Mecha recommendations (that I hopefully havent watched... ive seen too much anime)
Graum
Archer LV 25/18
Archer  LV 25/18

Postby QueenGainer » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:00 am

Thanks!! /thx That's awesome! I could literally talk for hours about anime robots. Some of my favorites though are old-school - Mazinger Z, Getter Robo, Reideen, etc.... I highly recommend the Super Robot Wars games (Super Robot Taisen). They're tactical RPG's that combine a variety of robot anime series from the 70s through today. SRW X just got released on PS4 in Japan, but there's a an Asian release coming out this month with full English translation (completely licensed & legal). They've done that for the last few games, and they've been fairly well done (my Japanese is OK but not great - so many kanji!!).

Most of the robot anime I've seen was gotten through somewhat questionable means. :| So much of it is just not available in North America, and none of the Macross series (except the original) will ever be released here until the scourge that is harmony gold is obliterated from the face of the Earth. /grr

And yes Graum, Macross 7!! I absolutely adore that series. It's so fun, and cheesy as it may sound, it awakened my deep belief in the power of music. I am absolutely convinced that music can change the world (and possibly the galaxy :D ). I've been singing along with Fire Bomber since 1996.

Now my turn: Gundam SEED? Ewwwwww..... I thought the 2nd half was OK, but the first... just no. And we'll not discuss the disaster that is Destiny. G Gundam is my favorite Gundam, but I also love Zeta and X. OO was mostly good. Wing was OK for the first half, fell apart in the 2nd.
Macross Frontier was pretty good (better than Delta, that's for sure), and my goodness the animation in the movies is awe-inspiring.

If you haven't already seen it, I cannot recommend Giant Robo: The Animation enough. Though it is so over the top hyper-drama, I know it's not for everyone. The director of it also did G Gundam, the 2004 Tetsujin 28 (Gigantor) remake, and the Mazinger Z remake, Shin Mazinger (which is awesome beyond belief!). Also a required classic is Gunbuster (aka Top o Nerae / Aim for the Top). Not only an awesome show, but it has one of the strongest female leads in all of anime.

For more recent, I loved Gurren Lagann, the 2007 Reideen remake, and Star Driver. OMG, I love Star Driver. Cute guys, cute girls, and really awesome & unique robots (it's like a reverse Revolutionary Girl Utena with giant robots!). I loved Overman KingGainer. It's made by the same guy who created the original Gundam series, Tomino. Most of his stuff is unfortunately heavily misogynist, but KingGainer actually had one female pilot that was just as capable as the main guy.
Let's see what else... GaoGaiGar, Big O.... I could go on forever. If you don't like repetitious animation, you probably won't care for most of the 70s stuff. /swt2
QueenGainer
Novice LV 6/5
Novice  LV 6/5

Postby QueenGainer » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:05 am

Oh, and thank you Pie! I'm definitely working on that happiness. In fact one of the reasons it took me so long to get back here was that I now have an amazing Girlfriend! I'm going to have to show her the wonders of robot anime! :D Although it was actually our mutual love of the TV series Babylon 5 that brought us together. Nerds unite!
QueenGainer
Novice LV 6/5
Novice  LV 6/5

Postby Graum » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:56 am

I... i've been out weebed.... other than the two we spoke of, I know pretty none of those :(

I love anime for the animations and story, when its lacking in one I tend to lose interest in the other. Because of that I dont see many older ones.

And Gundam SEED 1st half >>>>>>>>>>>>>2nd... u crazy
Graum
Archer LV 25/18
Archer  LV 25/18

Return to Hi! I'm New Here!