[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - New guy ahoy!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Introductions Hi! I'm New Here!

New guy ahoy!

Welcome! Come on over and tell us a bit about yourself~

New guy ahoy!

Postby Lorondos » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:44 am

Long-time fan of "Life in Aggro" so decided to join the fray in the forums! A bit about me is that I have been a gamer since the Amiga days and I have seen much, most likely too much. MMOs are one such genre I enjoy, first seriously starting with Anarchy Online then Ragnarok Online, EVE Online, City of Heroes, World of Warcraft, GW2, and Wildstar being the latest MMO I have experienced.

Anarchy Online I would most likely still be playing if not for the rather high sub and game engine that suddenly did not support newer AMD cards at one point. Ragnarok Online I played on private servers mostly due to my passion for games that have 2D character superimposed on a 3D environment (BoF 4! :D) way back when it was quite big but given the constant flux of private servers going up and down, never firmly got invested.

EVE Online was something I enjoyed but never really liked the time-based skill leveling and generally did get bored a lot (lots of number crunching if you trade and the politics are unreal). City of Heroes I did settle into quite nicely but then NCsoft killed the game so that was that.

World of Warcraft I still play to this day and have gone though many guilds/communities (often as main healer/officer and raided for over 6 years now to the point where I am kind of tired of being an officer in guilds so now I am in a guild with some of my old guildmates as mostly just another raider without the stress of being an officer, web admin and so on)

Guild Wars 2 I played on and off though despite the story and visual design, not really invested a lot into but hey, no sub so can play it without the commitment. Wildstar is one I am quite sad about as the story and visual design again were fantastic but the grindy and strict gameplay reminded me of the early days of WoW which is not bad as I like a challenge but, there is a fine line between challenging and tedious especially since my perception of that has changed since the early WoW days.

There are more I have tried out (a lot more) but, I generally don't play them enough to either find a community or get max level. I am also a big fan of LucasArts adventure games and pretty much all the game series you can think of. (except sports with the exception of motorsports)

That is all for my gaming habits, I am also a dabbler in the field of web design, programming and various other computing fields as well as being a moderator for a gaming community which I won't mention due to a certain advertising rule (which is similar to the one we have) :P

I am going to end here as I am starting to ramble on and maybe went overboard with MMO stuff but anyway, I look forward to conservations with you guys and being part of this community!

Cheers! :mrgreen:
Lorondos
Novice LV 4/4
Novice  LV 4/4

Re: New guy ahoy!

Postby RollCasket » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:42 am

Welcome to the forums! I think a lot of us here play/have played MMOs a lot so I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

I'm not as big into MMOs as I used to be, mainly cause of time, but I've also played a lot over the years. RO, GW 1 and 2, City of Heroes and Villians (still sad about it goin away), I guess Hellgate London counts, and small bits of Everquest and many multiple f2p ones here and there. Tried Wildstar but there was just too much that rubbed me the wrong way, which is weird cause I had no problem playing WoW since vanilla, and still play it off and on here and there. I have a different main almost every expansion, but did most of my raiding as a shadow priest. Currently have every class either 90 or 85+ but my favs to play are prot warrior (goblin) and shadow priest (undead). Lookin forward to gettin back in with the expansion though.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:04 pm

Welcome, our community is chocka with mmo fans so you'll be right, I've fallen off the mmo wagon myself though. Put most of my time into Dota 2 these days, along with playing with my girlfriend.

But yeah, welcome and enjoy your stay :)

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby Librari » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:09 pm

I've only ever played one MMO seriously, and it's not on your list. But you're obviously an alchemist, so I think we'll get along! /ok
I'm a wizard! :]
Librari
Wizard LV 80/48
Wizard  LV 80/48

Postby ThePaul » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:47 am

Welcome to the party. Just watch out for Bear's traps. I'm not sure what he's trying to catch, but he is making it really hard to get around.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Okale » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:48 am

Hi hello! Welcome to the forums. :>

I've spent quite a bit of time playing GW2, though I prefer to take my time with the content rather than rush through it. I'd probably get burnt out pretty quickly otherwise.

Do you play any other games? Like steam games, for example?
Okale
Novice LV 11/9
Novice  LV 11/9

Postby Tehwilburforce » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:06 pm

Hi there! Nice to meetcha! Lorondo, eh? Should I call you Lo or maybe just Do? Or what about Rondo? Sounds kinda like the protagonist from an oft forgotten Schwarzenegger film! Hehe. Kidding, kidding. Welcome to the forum. I think you'll really like it here!

Anyway, I'm Wilbur and usually, I'd make a joke about how I like to burn things, but I'm just not feeling up to pretending to be an arsonist right now, so I guess I'm just a wizard right now. I'm also the one guy who doesn't play MMO's at all, but they lured me in with discussions about anime and classic RPG's, so now I can't leave.

Out of curiosity, which Lucasarts games are your favorites? Have you played any of Tim Schafer's games from when he worked there? Are there any new adventure game series that you particularly enjoy?

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Librari » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:57 pm

I'm a wizard! :]
Librari
Wizard LV 80/48
Wizard  LV 80/48

Postby Lorondos » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:31 am

Thanks for such the warm welcome guys! :D and man, I really need to keep on the ball here, so many questions!

@RollCasket I have played way too much WoW, I have almost eight level 90s now >_> and yes, looking forward to the expansion! Currently what I am waiting for and hype is running high with Blizzcon now!

@Fixxxer 117 Yeah, I gathered as much with the RO emotes :P and cool!, never really got into MOBAs for some reason, a genre that does not appeal too much to me for some reason.

@Librari Yes! Alchemist/Engineer I adore since they are such unique classes! Dwarf Alchemist come Dragon Age Inquisition! :D

@ThePaul Thank you for the heads up! I am also fully aware of your reputation when it comes to new members :P

@Okale It is awesome they keep rolling out content for GW2 but, still find it hard to juggle two MMOs seriously at the same time and Yes, I have quite a shameless Steam collection >_> (almost 1000)

@Wilbur Funny you should mention that, that user name is made up of three things (Lor as Lordaeron from WoW except moved up the "ron" part, it reminded me of Ron from Harry Potter and I was doing some command line stuff at the time so "dos" got in there as well hence the final result) and I wanted to make sure it was unique so I could easily reuse it.

I have literally played them all and it would be Grim Fandango, The Curse of Monkey Island and The Dig however, the recent one with Double Fine is pretty awesome too! (Broken Age)

@Librari I would recommend the Dig or the Monkey Island series, Grim Fandango is getting a remake so personally am waiting for that!
Lorondos
Novice LV 4/4
Novice  LV 4/4

Postby Pie » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:17 pm

@Library- What was the MMO you seriously played; now I'm really curious. >.<

Hello Lorondos! =D Welcome to the forums!~

Yay!~ Breath of Fire 4! XD 4 doesn't seem to get very much attention since I suppose 3 seems to be the popular favorite. I'm kinda missing an RPG in that sort of style~

Is there an MMO that you play actively currently? Is there an MMO you're looking forward to on the horizon? =)

Speaking of 2d sprites on a 3d field made me think of . I haven't actually played it and I know the BG isn't really a 3d field, but the art's really great and it still kiinnnda gives that sprite/3d field feeling. Do you know anything about it?

Now I'm really curious what the community is that you moderate. XD What is it? =)

Sorry about all the questions. >.< It sounds like a job interview. @_@
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Next

Return to Hi! I'm New Here!