[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Hail from Okale the snail
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Introductions Hi! I'm New Here!

Hail from Okale the snail

Welcome! Come on over and tell us a bit about yourself~

Hail from Okale the snail

Postby Okale » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:20 am

Hello, I am a noobie-boobie! I just noticed the email in my inbox with my forum activation. and here I am.

I'm getting a little bit distracted from writing this post by these RO emotes. So I'll just leave it at that. /no1

P.S. I really liked the activation email, ahahah.
Okale
Novice LV 11/9
Novice  LV 11/9

Re: Hail from Okale the snail

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:55 pm

G'day mate and welcome to the forums, our own little corner of the internet. You're welcome to take a dip in the pool and try the ice cream machine, and just be cool.

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby Pie » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:39 pm

Hello Okale and welcome to the forums! =D Yay RO! How long did you play RO for? XD -are you still playing?

Are you familiar with ? The guy who headed RO is behind this one too so Bear and I heeeaaaaavily anticipating this one. =F If you loved RO as much as us, you'll probably like what you see! /no1
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Okale » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:36 pm

*takes a deep breath*

I first played RO during the first F2P (beta?) phase. I was pretty sad when it became subscription-based -- and funny enough I still don't play any subscription-based games to this day. A few years later I was talking to a friend and the conversation went to "you know what I miss? I miss playing RO!" From there I started jumping around to private servers for a couple years (circa 2005-2007 or so). At that point, some old guildies from the last server decided to make their own server, which I called my home for 5 years before finally deciding to walk away from the game. There were a lot of ups and downs, but I still remember it quite fondly. I actually met my best friend through RO!

I didn't really feel interested in playing iRO Valk when the free-to-play option became available due to all the disadvantages, and I never got past character creation in RO2.

All that said, I'm pretty excited about Tree of Savior! The more I hear about it, the more I feel hyped! I'm definitely going to try it out once I'm able to.
Okale
Novice LV 11/9
Novice  LV 11/9

Postby Adol The Red » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:31 pm

Hey. Wassup?

(I totally nailed that well thought out and witty welcome post. Booyah.)
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Okale » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:45 pm

Hallo! :3
Okale
Novice LV 11/9
Novice  LV 11/9

Postby ThePaul » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:10 pm

Welcome to the party. I'd offer you a chair, but I had to use them to barricade the big creepy door over there with the skull and centipede motif (please don't ask).
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Pie » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:30 pm

You probably joined RO in Beta2. I joined RO during near the end of Beta1. XD It's cool to find another old time RO player. =D I never took a stab at the current RO2, but I keep hearing it's pretty bad. Do yo play any MMOs now? If you ever plan on going back to RO, TalonRO's a good private server. =)
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Okale » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:36 pm

I think I'm giving up RO for good. XD I'd rather wait for Tree of Savior! I heard some bad things about RO2, but the reason I didn't end up playing is that I didn't feel like it was worth the time investment without awesome friends to play with.

After RO, I played FFXIV briefly -- before the rework -- and it was pretty janky with no fluidity of movement. I didn't really look much into it after the rework, but I hear it's much more polished now. I don't feel inclined to go, because I don't want to pay a sub unless I knew I would be getting my money's worth (which means I'd feel like I have to play 24/7).

Lately my MMO of choice has been GW2. It's a nice MMO to play casually, and more importantly, I have a lot of friends playing and there's no sub fee! Some friends and I also played Aura Kingdom and Tera for a week or two and had silly fun times. Diablo 3 is also a thing occasionally (this totally counts as an MMO, shhhh)!

@ThePaul: I think I'll feel right at home here. *sits on the throne*
Okale
Novice LV 11/9
Novice  LV 11/9

Postby Tehwilburforce » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:02 am

Welcome Okale! I think you'll have a lot of fun here! I'm Wilbur, aka the one guy on this forum who doesn't play MMO's. /swt2

Are there any other games you're interested in aside from any of the online stuff you mentioned?

Finally, just a fair warning: Please get out of the chair or I'll be compelled to burn it with you still sitting on it. Nothing personal. I just like setting things on fire... and the chair is definitely next on my list.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Next

Return to Hi! I'm New Here!