[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Caseyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Introductions Hi! I'm New Here!

Caseyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Welcome! Come on over and tell us a bit about yourself~

Re: Caseyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Postby Jane Gray » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:01 am

I'm really late... Hello, Zinja! It's nice to meet you! :)
Jane Gray
Jane Gray
Thief LV 40/30
Thief  LV 40/30

Postby Zinja » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:58 pm

/facepalm on the scarlet :( looks like i failed again. Sorry .

yeah Ive continued playing in renewal.
whats good:
new classes, new skills ,new roles, interface, fun mechanics, more dynamic woe due to new roles classes have, easier leveling, less of a grind, every class is powerful, button-mashing/skill spamming doesn't count for much in woe

whats bad,
the turn in system is bad because it just became wham bam thank you party... party system became a thing to tollerate too get your kill count, rather than something to look forward to. its good for people who mostly solo and are more into the endgame side of things, bad for people who like to live it up every party and meet new and cool others. the level restrictions has removed high-risk high rewards aspect. because skill spamming doesnt count for much , players with no game play keep wailing on god items others have .
but the renewal servers are dying very fast because the classic server opened up. there are over 2k + people on classic and alarmingly growing due to new blood+ old returning + Highest attrition from renewal servers
Ragnarok Renewal
Accounts :
Ragnarok Classic:
Main character Polka :
Zinja
Assassin LV 97/50
Assassin  LV 97/50

Postby Bear » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:46 am

I wonder just how much new blood the classic server can attract with such a grindy underlying base game, especially if they are coming from only knowing renewal. The version that Gravity chose to kick off classic is certainly a punishing version, absent of some of the great leveling spots introduced with some of the spawn changes that occurred later on.

It will be interesting how the classic server fairs after 6 months, and especially after transcendent classes are added. I know quite a lot of people used to really love WoE pre-trans classes, so it would be interesting to see the WoE scene during that period.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Trez » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:39 pm

Hey Zinja,

How are you doing? I often think about re-installing every once in awhile to try out renewal lol. I do miss the community that RO used to have, but from one of your posts it sounds like its not the same anymore.

Maybe I should play on the classic server so I can go snipe some agriopes /heh

Trez
High Archer LV 11/1
High Archer  LV 11/1

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:44 am

OOOH! Another new old person

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby Tehwilburforce » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:37 pm

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Trez » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:32 pm

Trez
High Archer LV 11/1
High Archer  LV 11/1

Postby Tehwilburforce » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:51 pm

Yay!!! :D :D :D

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Zinja » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:11 am

Casey,
Yeah its grindy i have to admit, But i think we all know much about RO after years of playing it.
It is high risk high reward model , like a low level archer can jump levels by sniping generals or hitting high orcs tanked by someone, heck even anubis = insane exp. The classic server is introducing the maps in an episodic manner. they even have couple of rental/eden type gears for helping out at the starting stages, though kinda inferior to actual ingame gears , but at the start none of those cool ingame gears will be commonplace.

Trez
nice to see you man. I still remember you got me my ice pick ) and the first gears Casey gave me including my precious alarm mask :) this was at the time before he even started fairy tail. i was like casey make a guild and ill join you.. he was like dude that's a lot of time , investment and a lot to think about , then after a few months he did make it.

Top of my head the most successful classes i have seen over all are
knights and bombers -> over all getting rich fast types.

Hey that other guild FT on classic http://ropd.info/?name=&guild=Fairy+Tai ... ir=asc&s=6
Ragnarok Renewal
Accounts :
Ragnarok Classic:
Main character Polka :
Zinja
Assassin LV 97/50
Assassin  LV 97/50

Postby Luc of True Wind » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:15 pm

Hey Trez! It's so good to see you back! This is Carlos by the way (in case you forgot haha)
You should post more often /ok
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

PreviousNext

Return to Hi! I'm New Here!