[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Just the Facts, Ma'am
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Introductions Hi! I'm New Here!

Just the Facts, Ma'am

Welcome! Come on over and tell us a bit about yourself~

Just the Facts, Ma'am

Postby Joseph Collins » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:35 pm

Hello! I'm not much on introduction posts, but here goes.

I was introduced to this comic by a friend of mine a few months ago. It wasn't until that I felt compelled to actually give my "feedback" on a comic, though. Being a fan of very old games hardly anyone remembers (you know, aside from that one huge community that have the largest active game to this day), Bear's line about Legend of the Red Dragon caught my attention. I was enthralled that a big-name comic I happened to read actually remembered that game!
So anyway, I registered, got approved, made my post in the appropriate thread, and now I'm here, making an introductory post. So, uh... Hi! I may not post very much. I'm kind of socially awkward when it comes to big communities full of awesome people.

Cheers!
I'm not that hard to find… if you know where to look.
-=()=-
Joseph Collins
Archer LV 11/1
Archer  LV 11/1

Re: Just the Facts, Ma'am

Postby Farore » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi and welcome!
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby RollCasket » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:58 pm

Welcome to the forums!

To be fair, we're not super big as far as the forums go. I'm sure there are plenty of people that just read the comic and may or may not eventually register. In any case, we're all pretty open about sharing our hobbies and fav games and various other unrelated things, so feel free to chime in wherever appropriate.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:51 pm

Welcome to our little home on the virtual expanse Joseph! Please don't worry about being socially awkward or being open; I'm quite sure a number of us can identify with you there.

Also, oh man, I'm really happy you appreciated the Legend of the Red Dragon reference!! I LOVED that game so much; my friends and I would get together and play it on a BBS that we knew of and it was such a really fun playing together. I'm pretty certain it was my first experience with a text-based RPG/adventure and it might have even been the first online game I played. I still remember being excited to get home from school so that I can do my daily activities and what not XD I wouldn't be adverse to playing it to this day to show Pie how cool it was haha

So since you like some old-school games that anyone hardly remembers, why not list off a few of your favorites? =)

Also, thanks for the kind comments and make yourself at home; you're among friends~
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Joseph Collins » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:06 pm

Back when I was younger, I used to play Legend of the Red Dragon daily, myself. I never got very far before I lost interest, though, I'm ashamed to say... Still, I did play it often enough to consider myself a fan. I even continued to play it when my local BBS became not-so-local due to moving out into the sticks. I had 30 minutes a week at $0.10 a minute, so I couldn't play as often as I would have liked, but I still played. Heh.

Hm... some ancient games nobody remembers, eh? Where do I start? Well, I could start with the game that inspired me to draw this avatar I'm wearing: Rise of the Triad: Dark War, the intended sequel to Wolfenstein 3D! My avatar is actually an Easter Egg in the game, though my avatar is considerably more colorful than the original drawing. I could bring up Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold, which ran on the Wolfenstein 3D engine, but was set in a completely different time and space. And speaking of space, I could also talk about the Commander Keen series. "Join Billy Blaze, the original boy genius, as he flies in his Bean-with-Bacon Rocket Ship to save the universe!" Or... I could talk about Kiloblaster, a relatively simple but often forgotten top-down space shooter by Epic Megagames! Or Solar Winds, which played like the space exploration and combat of Star Control II: The Ur-Quan Masters, the greatest space adventure there ever was.

Wait. Wait. I got way off-track, here. You wanted me to name some of my favorites, didn't you? ... And actually, I just did. Rise of the Triad: Dark War, Commander Keen, Solar Winds, and Star Control II: The Ur-Quan Masters are all some of my favorite games which have lost a lot of their fanbase since their initial releases. I'm also a huge fan of the older Might and Magic games, particularly Might and Magic IV: Clouds of Xeen and Might and Magic V: Darkside of Xeen (which could be united to make the mega-game Might and Magic: World of Xeen, in which you could jump back and forth between the two games!) Ah, good times with great games...
I'm not that hard to find… if you know where to look.
-=()=-
Joseph Collins
Archer LV 11/1
Archer  LV 11/1

Postby Adol The Red » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:22 pm

Welcome. Not a huge community, but as you said, we are all awesome. And this really is a great place full of open people. I have pretty bad social anxiety myself, but after only a short time here I already feel at home.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Return to Hi! I'm New Here!