[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Introduction Stage
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Introductions Hi! I'm New Here!

Introduction Stage

Welcome! Come on over and tell us a bit about yourself~

Re: Introduction Stage

Postby ThePaul » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:20 pm

Although, it is really hard for us folks not down there to tell the differences between the accents of ""you guys," though. Or is there not actually a difference between Austrian and the Polynesian accents? /swt2
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Alexx » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:51 pm

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby RollCasket » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:01 pm

Well Wilbur I'd say a few of us here are already pretty retro, though I know for myself I didn't say a whole lot of anything in my intro thread lol.

My first gaming machines were the Commodore 64 and Atari, though I forget which model Atari...but that's not really important since I played the C64 WAY more.

As far as 2D vs 3D I think it really just depends on the game. As Alexx said, they're just different experiences. Though I DO know that when I heard Metroid Prime was going to be 3D, I was sure they didn't know what they were doing and were ruining the series because I loved Super Metroid so much and wouldn't dream of it any other way. Amazingly, Prime is awesome, I definitely wouldn't say I like it better, but it's not because it's 3D, just because Super has so many things that makes it great.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Pie » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:24 pm

oh Wilbur... about Chrono Trigger on the PS, I recommend you either play on a snes emulator or play off an actual snes cartridge because Squaresoft's PS rereleases all suffer from bad loading times compared to the snes originals. From what I remember, for Chrono Trigger, I think there are slight load times between battles and music takes a few seconds to boot up in some places. ^^; - but If you have no other choice, I suppose being able to play the game is better than not. XD
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Farore » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:02 pm

2D and 3D are definitely very different. I've heard a lot of people say "Oh, 2D games are so much easier than 3D, you don't have to deal with depth". I call cow poo. Each type of game is challenging in its own way. It's very much like trying to compare bananas to pomegranates. I feel bad for people that automatically exclude a game simply because they find out it's 2D rather than 3D. It seems so strange that in the realm of video games anything considered "old" is brushed off and considered useless. Where else do we do that? Is a recipe considered useless because someone came up with it years ago? For that matter why do we still have hand-held saws and non power tools? Pretty sure Craftsman still makes a regular old screw driver.

I know that rehashing the same things over and over will get very old, but I also don't think game developers need to try to completely reinvent the wheel. I still can't get over the fact that someone said text boxes were old and outdated. As they say, "If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby ThePaul » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:04 pm

Scrubs write off old books and movies and other stuff all the time. /swt2

That's why they're scrubs, though. /no1
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Alexx » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:01 am

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Alexx » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:03 am

Um...hm. Screwed something up there. Where's the edit button?
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby ThePaul » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:16 am

Bear hasn't been able to figure out how to get it to work with this layout, but if you go to 'User Control Panel -> Board Preferences' and change Board Style, you can find one that does have the edit button.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Bear » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:38 am

Yeah, so many things to do, so little time. I fixed the post for you though, so no worries there. As ThePaul said, you can change your skin (I use Forum in Aggro), you can find the edit and quote buttons. I would only do it if its really necessary though because the skin is really ugly (I've grown to hate the old site layout).

Anyways, I'll probably work on it in a couple weeks once the shirts and hoodies are sent out; we just went through the last changes this morning with the printers to verify Pantone colors and they should be on the press in a couple days. I think they are burning the screens today! Very exciting~
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

PreviousNext

Return to Hi! I'm New Here!