[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Greetings and Salutations
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Introductions Hi! I'm New Here!

Greetings and Salutations

Welcome! Come on over and tell us a bit about yourself~

Greetings and Salutations

Postby TheNesta » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:27 pm

Hello all,

I'm TheNesta, pretty much here, and everywhere else on the internet. I've been a casual reader of the webcomic for a little while now, and my friend Roll Casket told me I should sign up for the forums. So here I am!

I'm a pretty avid gamer, which becomes glaringly obvious if you're exposed to anything I write. I pretty much spend all my time playing games, and while I'm playing those games, I'm usually listening to a gaming podcast (it's a bit of an addiction of mine), and when I'm not doing that, I'm usually writing something pertaining to games.

I have a pretty broad taste in gaming, but my favorite genre tends to be RPGs. Pretty much of any variety. I've spent an unhealthy amount of time playing Ragnarok Online, and World of Warcraft. And my three favorite games of all time are, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Valkyrie Profile.

I guess that's an alright introduction. I'll be lurking around the forums, possibly popping up to add my two cents in whenever I'm feeling especially chatty. And, that's all! Thanks!
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Re: Greetings and Salutations

Postby ThePaul » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:41 pm

Welcome. I see that your first name is also The. Do you usually go by The or Nesta or just the whole thing? I usually just ask people to stick with The, so I'm asking so we can clear up any confusion later.

Also, have fun and don't die in your lurking ;)
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby RollCasket » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:43 pm

Welcome! TheNesta is actually my old roommate as well so we've played a good bit of multiplayer games together as well.

I really need to get back into the podcasts...since I'm not there to hear them over the speakers I haven't heard much of any of them for...a while =P At the very least I should try to catch back up on MBMBAM though I have no idea which one I was on...
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:48 pm

Welcome to the community, and since you are an avid gamer I would assume that you have Steam so feel free to join our group "Life in Aggro", and if you have trouble finding it just add me and I'll send you an invite, I'm under the same name.

But anyway. Welcome once again!

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby TheNesta » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:05 pm

Thanks all.

No, The Paul, I don't usually go by 'The', so I think we're safe there, lol. Nesta is fine. 'The' is usually necessary because just 'Nesta' is usually taken.

Also, yep, I have Steam. I'll look it up and join!
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby Mistaque » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:06 pm

Welcome! I totally can relate to RO/WoW (and Chrono/FFTactics).. countless hours spent..
Mistaque
Mage LV 63/45
Mage  LV 63/45

Postby Bear » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:51 pm

Woo! Welcome Nesta! It is great to have you here. Man, it is so awesome that a lot of people with a lot of similar gaming interests are joining lately; it is very cool and make Pie and I really happy =)

Also, I want to see some of those glaringly obvious things you mention. Please link them up so we can read your stuff =)

Anyways, welcome to our little community and family. Make yourself at home =)
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby TheNesta » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:14 pm

Ahh, well. I'd be lying if I said I didn't jump at the oppurtunity anyone showed even a remote interest in my ramblings. /shy

Well, let's see here.

: I'm very active on Twitter. 4,000+ tweets and almost all of them are tangentially related to games in some way. It should be noted that I'm pretty fast and loose on Twitter. I can conduct myself in an orderly manner when need be, but there are some crude words to be found here!

: Here's my Giant Bomb profile. If you pick through there you can see that I really like making lists! Other than that, not much to go on there.

: Speaking of lists, there's my unikgamer profile. I like to say that here's where you can find out way more about my gaming taste than anyone would care to. It's just lists, no actual documentation, but I think that site is a lot of fun. And it's fun to compare!

Finally, you can look me up on tumblr where my current blog is. Just look for thenesta. I... don't think I should link to it directly, because it is actually NSFW. It's my personal blog, and I post whatever I feel like there. This includes some... less than appropriate pictures. As well as a bunch of random stuff. And also a bunch of stuff related to the webcomic Homestuck. But- Hey! In all that mess, that's where I actually post my long winded rants, and ramblings. I've also done a few photosets, including a recent one which shows off all my Ragnarok Online characters. So, if any of that sounds cool, check it out.

Uhg. I feel like a shill now, lol! But, thanks for showing interest in my ramblings. I hope someone gets something out of them, and lord knows I'd love more people to talk about this stuff with.
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby Bear » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:08 pm

Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby ThePaul » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:00 am

It's not shamelessly self promotion in the Adims asked you to post it :D
I am not a reasonable man.